Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Is it possible to post video/music in forum?!

More
14 years 11 months ago #1 by july
Hi,All

thank you guys to develop so good forum!
Just ask is it possible post video/music ?! My mean to upload my video/music from local mashine ,not from internet(like youtube...)

Greeting~
July

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #2 by grumblemarc
Doesn't look like it. You could use a plugin like Allvideos to do it.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #3 by july
Hi,
Allvideo is good,but if i wanna upload multi images from local

How should i operate?i wanna my user can upload multi images & music to post

thx
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by july.

More
14 years 11 months ago #4 by grumblemarc
Multi-image/file upload is not possible at this time.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 11 months ago #5 by svanschu
You can try JoomGallery there you can uplaod multiple Images and over the PlugIn fit into the Content....

Just a possibility or you wait till mutliple uploads are implemented in kunena...you can vote for it at uservoice

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled
@july: the short answer to your question is a most definite, emphatic yes. Yes you can embed your own video or audio player in the forum - I'm assuming that's what your question was about. I answered this question a long time ago, in one of those forgotten "archived" discussions: www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&catid=5&id=5897 .

I'm sure, with a bit of intuition, you could adapt the solution to your specific needs.

Your specific question, though, (which I've paraphrased as) "how do I allow my users to upload files to my website" is answered by asking you, in return, "do you want to allow your users to consume your webhosting filespace?" If you don't mind your users depositing large files on your webserver, then go for it. Do you want specific instructions on (a) what configuration settings to change and (b) the folder that your users will deposit their files in?

july wrote

Allvideo is good,but if i wanna upload multi images from local ...

to which Grumblemarc wrote:

Multi-image/file upload is not possible at this time.

What do you mean by "multi images"? Do you mean "Can I upload a file that contains lots of images (like a video file)?" Or do you mean "Can I simultaneously upload lots of files as attachments to your users' posts?" It was the second of those two questions that, I believe, grumblemarc and lda answered ... but they might have been answering the wrong question.
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 11 months ago #7 by july
@lda: I will try it,thanks~

@sozzled: thanks for your detail reply
yes,my question indeed is: can i allow user upload many images/mp3 from to local,to his post,then show it in his post.

I found PHPBB3 implement it like this:
1. allow user upload a attach
2. click "Insert" ,then add bbc code with attach files' name
3. Repeat 1,2

that is.

But PHPBB3 don't allow video/mp3,only for images,but i think this is a solution to implement it :)

Greeting~ all guys

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #8 by sozzled
july wrote:

My question ... is: "Can I allow user [to] upload many images/mp3 ... then show [them] in his post?"

There are two questions implied in your request: The answer to the first question is no, you can't do that at the one time; you can allow your users to attach one file, and one file only, with their post. If their file is a video or audio file, they cannot embed it into the media player at the same time as they upload it.

The answer to the second question is, yes, after they've uploaded audio or video files, they can them into the forum's media player with BBcode.
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds