Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Community system on kunena.com

More
14 years 11 months ago #1 by Denizar
Hi. On my site when I click on "Register" on the forum, it directs me to

..../index.php?option=com_user&task=register&Itemid=61&lang=en

rather than

..../index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&lang=en

Is this because I picked "Kunena" in User Profiles under Forum Configuration?
I am using Community Builder and didn't like their Profile page and avatar system so I want to use Kunena's, but I want to still be able to use Community Builders Register and Login and also Lost Password pages. Is this possible?

Oh, one more thing. I really like the community system on this website. Does anyone know which community manager this is? Is it Community Builder? Thanks a lot in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #2 by xillibit
Denizar wrote:

Oh, one more thing. I really like the community system on this website. Does anyone know which community manager this is? Is it Community Builder? Thanks a lot in advance.

Hello,

on kunena.com it's joomsocial which is used, but it's not free :( .

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
Denizar wrote:

I am using Community Builder and didn't like their Profile page and avatar system so I want to use Kunena's, but I want to still be able to use Community Builders Register and Login and also Lost Password pages. Is this possible?

The short answer is yes, you can use the CB registration and login functions.

The longer answer is that, in order to overcome the confusion that the Kunena forum page presents your users by having a link to the standard Joomla registration and login functions, it may be wise to remove the Kunena "profilebox" element.

I recommend you look at www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&catid=12&id=10184#10188 for the reasons why and for the technique on how to work around the problem.
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 11 months ago #4 by Lintzy
Denizar wrote:

Hi. On my site when I click on "Register" on the forum, it directs me to

..../index.php?option=com_user&task=register&Itemid=61&lang=en

rather than

..../index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&lang=en

Is this because I picked "Kunena" in User Profiles under Forum Configuration?

You could ask in this thread for Kunena 1.0.9. I guess the solution there is for Kunena 1.0.8 yet.

www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&catid=114...mit=10&start=10#6649

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds