Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
14 years 1 month ago #51 by fullstackedpoker
I am fairly new to Joomla, Kunena, and JomSocial. When Joomla 1.6 comes out, will all my current components and plugins work with it? Or will I have to wait for those to be upgraded for 1.6 support. Also, if they are able to run on Joomla 1.6 right of the bat. Would it be safe to assume that Joomla's new ACL will flow through the components and we can in return basically create our own private forums by assigning them to different groups?
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 1 month ago #52 by FreeThinker
Replied by FreeThinker on topic Re:User Goup Privileges
oh...nice...
...didn't know of that feature for the new joomla release :)

will be awaiting for it :cheer:
More
14 years 1 month ago #53 by nuno.n
Replied by nuno.n on topic Individual category access
I need an update for my forum. Please see: Portal Gestão

This is what I'm looking for:

I have a category "Autores" which is visible for users with author status only.

Now, I need to create sub categories under this one and allow the access individually. For example:

Category 1 is accessible to user 'whatever' only
Category 2 is accessible to user 'something' only

The idea is to have a forum for authors so they can communicate with me and within each other, share files, etc.

And each individual category is assigned to a specific author and the administrator only (me).

Is this possible?

Thanks!

:)
More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #54 by sozzled
I don't know you can achieve what you're looking for in Kunena using Joomla 1.5. We have a general guide, that includes a number of case studies, that you can use to define rules for how your users access your forums: Forum Setup, Permissions and Forums for special Groups .

When you write that you want certain categories "accessible" to individuals, in what way do you want these categories accessible. Do you want those categories readable on a category-by-category basis one for each member (but that moderators and administrators can read anything)?
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
More
14 years 1 month ago #55 by monkums
Without wishing to hijack the thread I have a similar question.

How do I go about restricting access to a particular category/forum/topic to a subset of registered users?

Is this something that I can do with Kuena or is this done through Community Builder/ Joomla?
More
14 years 1 month ago #56 by darksoul
Replied by darksoul on topic When Group access?
I'm using kunena from some months and i think is for now the best Forum in joomla.
I tried to use also Agora forum because it have the group access (write, open topic, view, open polls, use bbcode......) but i discarded it because kunena also if have few features (like the user repository) is more cool now, and have few bugs.
I now that is on developement K.1.6 but when were inserted these features?
- Group access (or forum rules)
- Personal files (limit user to have xxxxmb of files)

The forum rules are planned for K.1.6?
More
14 years 1 month ago #57 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:When Group access?
Hello,

The group access or ACL things will be possible with joomla! 1.6.

In k1.6.0 you will have improved moderators functions, like ban users, move all users message, delete all users messages...

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
14 years 1 month ago #58 by darksoul
Replied by darksoul on topic Re:When Group access?
Any ideas for the user files?
More
14 years 1 month ago #59 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:When Group access?
May I quickly offer my two-cents?

xillibit wrote:

The group access or ACL things will be possible with Joomla! 1.6.

Please understand that ACLs will be a Joomla 1.6 issue. K 1.6 is still a work-in-progress for Joomla 1.5. As I understand, the first, truly J! 1.6-compliant version of Kunena will be known as K 2.0.
More
14 years 1 month ago #60 by darksoul
Replied by darksoul on topic Re:When Group access?
Yes i now this! did there is any news about the developement? a possible date of release candidate?
Time to create page: 0.563 seconds