Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
14 years 6 months ago #31 by HRT222
Yep but the problem with new user groups and kunena is you can't allow 2 types of group access to a particular forum access. Like atm I have COD4 and Gold Member groups..if a Gold member also plays COD4 then when I set the COD4 forum access permissions, I can only make one of the user groups have access (thats either COD4 or Gold Member). So that Gold member who plays COD4 and should have access wont.

Like I said this feature is available in other products and with them being open source, I can't see why not this can't be developed into Kunena...whether or not the mod team here will agree with me is completely different thing.

Also, why isnt it possible to allow multi group access (eg Publisher and Author) to a forum category..atm we can only choose 1.
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 6 months ago #32 by pequeno74
Helo. Is it possible to restrict access to a category according a numbers of posts?

I think that it is a good idea!

For example: a user only can access to a category if have ten post in the forum.
More
14 years 6 months ago #33 by gobezu
Replied by gobezu on topic read only threads
i was wondering if its possible to have a thread set to readonly mode (not able to reply) automatically after lapse of X amount of days or any time measure since the creation of the thread?
More
14 years 5 months ago #34 by darksoul
Replied by darksoul on topic Access Forum Roles
I used jfusion with phpbb for some time, and i have to work hard to make this correct. but i want to use the kunena forum always is not as complete as phpbb3.
What i just need is a better forum access rules!
for setting that:
users can only reply on this category (no new topic)
disable uploads from this forum

that is a basic access control that kunena need! B)
More
14 years 5 months ago #35 by GHA
Looking for exactly the same function. Found no way so far to make this happen :(
More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #36 by titsmcgee
Replied by titsmcgee on topic Re: Access Forum Roles
I am looking for something similar (I think) , I need more user groups.I would like to restrict certain parts of the forum via locking categories to user groups rather than user level, for instance can set permissions for group A to view this category and B this category with out bumping peoples member status to moderator or locking certain threads to author or above, I feel it would be much easier locking a set of groups rather than 400 individual users at different user levels, I don't want an author or publisher from category A to post in category B

example:
Permissions
user 1: groups a,b,c
user 2: group a
user 3: group a,b
user 4: group a,c,f

just seems like a simplified way of handling large volumes of users with multiple category content
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by titsmcgee.
More
14 years 4 months ago #37 by Ganzuelo
Replied by Ganzuelo on topic Forum Access and Ranks
Right now I see that access to categories is based off of the global ranks. Could it be possible to set accesses from special ranks? IE a registered member can be a Moderator or Staff member without giving more rights to them through Joomla?
More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #38 by gioterror
Hello,

i'm using Kunena forum on my website (still working on it) and have a question:

Is it possible to change the settings from some categories like members can read whats inside the categorie but not make a new topic inside the specific topic?

if i posted this in wrong categorie excuse me then :)

regards,
michael :)

p.s. Sorry about my bad english hope you guys understand what i mean :)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by gioterror.
More
14 years 2 months ago #39 by Theo01
You can lock the forum in "Forum Administration" in the backend.
More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #40 by gioterror
Theo01 wrote:

You can lock the forum in "Forum Administration" in the backend.

Thats not what i mean.

ill explain in a better way what i mean.

i have 3 main categories in my forum.

Main categorie 1: contains categorie rules, bugs/suggestions.

Main categorie 2: contains categorie movies, wallpapers and reviews.

Main categorie 3: is a section for members.

what i want is to disable the option that members [/b]cannot[/b] make new topics in the Main categorie 2 but] they are allowed to place comments on existing topics.

and from main categorie i got 1 categorie in it where we admins only may make new topics and members only may post in it.

these options are existing in other forums named like Vbulletin and PHPbb so i hope this is also available in Kunena forum.

hope you guys know what i mean now :blush:

edit

this i mean see screenshot
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by gioterror.
Time to create page: 0.712 seconds