Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #41 by sozzled
gioterror wrote

what I want is to disable the option option that members cannot make new topics in [one forum category] but they are allowed to place comments on existing topics.

[In another forum category] ... admins only may make new topics and members only may post in it.

These options are existing in other forums named like Vbulletin and PHPbb so I hope this is also available in Kunena forum

Does that summarise your question?

The short answer is that you can't achieve one without the other. In order to "disable the option to make new topics in one forum category" you have to do one of the following:
  • Place the topics in a locked forum (like we have done here at www.kunena.com - e.g. the "solved" categories - where everyone can read the topics, but they can't reply to them either (unless you have moderator rights); or
  • Establish your forum so that moderators have to review all posts.

In the second case, permitting only admins the ability to make new topics and members may only reply to them, you could achieve this across-the-board (or you could restrict the functionality) by hacking the code so that the "New Thread" button only appeared for admins/moderators.

Although other forums, like VBulletin and phpBB may have that functionality, this has not been considered a priority issue for Kunena. Perhaps it should? :unsure: You are welcome to post your idea to UserVoice and let's see how much support you gain for it. Good luck :)
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #42 by gioterror
sozzled wrote:

gioterror wrote

what I want is to disable the option option that members cannot make new topics in [one forum category] but they are allowed to place comments on existing topics.

[In another forum category] ... admins only may make new topics and members only may post in it.

These options are existing in other forums named like Vbulletin and PHPbb so I hope this is also available in Kunena forum

Does that summarise your question?

The short answer is that you can't achieve one without the other. In order to "disable the option to make new topics in one forum category" you have to do one of the following:
  • Place the topics in a locked forum (like we have done here at www.kunena.com - e.g. the "solved" categories - where everyone can read the topics, but they can't reply to them either (unless you have moderator rights); or
  • Establish your forum so that moderators have to review all posts.

In the second case, permitting only admins the ability to make new topics and members may only reply to them, you could achieve this across-the-board (or you could restrict the functionality) by hacking the code so that the "New Thread" button only appeared for admins/moderators.

Although other forums, like VBulletin and phpBB may have that functionality, this has not been considered a priority issue for Kunena. Perhaps it should? :unsure: You are welcome to post your idea to UserVoice and let's see how much support you gain for it. Good luck :)

Thanks for the comment :)

posted the idea on the UserVoice hoping now that ill get lots of support on the idea :) i think its a must only time may tell now :woohoo:

An option in backend admin that allows the admins disable the option that members Cannot make new topics in a specific categorie where only admins/mods can make topics and that members are only allowed to post comments.

this future exists in Vbulletin and PHPbb forum i would like to see this option in Kunena forum to! i think its a must!

kunena.uservoice.com/forums/11439-kunena...ic-in-specific-categ
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by gioterror.
More
14 years 1 month ago #43 by Matias
This feature has been prioritized to K2.0.
More
14 years 1 month ago #44 by gioterror
Matias wrote:

This feature has been prioritized to K2.0.

Ahh very good to hear B)

cheers! cant wait for K2.0 B)
More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 11 months ago #45 by FreeThinker
Hey

please include in next kunena version a better and self kunena Group integration and Forum Access ;)

*I know one can use the Joomla Group integration and other features (JXtended...NOIXACL...)
...but these functions do not work well :(

So, i think this would be a plus for kunenas next version...
...a better, self Groups pivileges and access (maybe thru/with password) :P

Cheers
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #46 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:User Goup Privileges
Hello,

This is something that we can do when Joomla! 1.6 will be relased with new ACL system, i think the beginers doesn't like to install something other to have specials users rights.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #47 by Smoothound
I too would like to see this as I have a thread were club members can sell unwanted gear, so I would have club members upwards can start a topic and everyone else can only reply.
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #48 by sozzled
The access control parts of this solution will have to wait until Joomla 1.6 and, I would guess to some extent, K 2.0.
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #49 by freedomcoach
Are you saying that there will be no feature in K1.6 that will allow an Admin to control viewing or posting privileges for a particular forum? I thought that the ability to make a forum private was already available or was planned to be included in K1.6. This feels like a very important and powerful feature. Just my 2 cents.

Sincerely,
Howard
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #50 by xillibit
freedomcoach wrote:

Are you saying that there will be no feature in K1.6 that will allow an Admin to control viewing or posting privileges for a particular forum? I thought that the ability to make a forum private was already available or was planned to be included in K1.6. This feels like a very important and powerful feature. Just my 2 cents.

Sincerely,
Howard

Hello,

nothing is planned in K1.6 to use advanced ACL, maybe try to use the noixACL components.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Time to create page: 0.495 seconds