Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #361 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, Amanda. Your question has been here asked before. At this time, in K 1.7.2, it is not yet possible in K 1.7.2 for you to be able to do this. However, I understand that someone has written a plugin that may help called WCK - Write Control for Kunena but I do not know anything about it and I'm not sure how well it does what you're trying to achieve.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 9 months ago #362 by magostoni
Hello,
I have an old Joomla 1.0 site with Fireboard and I'm moving it to new J2.5 with Kunena.

To limit the access of some users to only some forums in my old site I was using JUGA by dioscouri.com;
I created custom groups in JUGA and assigned to them the different users; then I used custom groups to limit and manage the access to different forums.

as JUGA is not compatible with J2.5 I would need to know if it is possible with new ACL management in J2.5 to obtain the same functionality, I mean to have some users, group them in custom groups and then manage the access and block the aceess of them to the different kunena forums.

regards,
Matteo
More
11 years 9 months ago #363 by sozzled
The short answer to your question, magostoni, is yes.
More
11 years 9 months ago #364 by shareitfitness
Hello,

I have searched for the answer to this question since I figured it was probably commonly asked, but could not find the specific answer. I have a Q&A module on my Joomla site which I can connect to a thread on my Kunena 1.7.1 forum. I would like that particular category to allow users to reply to new threads, but not start new threads of their own. Locking the thread outright blocks both permissions. Appreciate your help!
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #365 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, shareitfitness, and welcome to Kunena.

Your question is commonly asked here before. At this time, in K 1.7.2, it is not yet possible in K 1.7.2 for you to be able to do this. However, I understand that someone has written a plugin that may help called WCK - Write Control for Kunena but I do not know anything about it and I'm not sure how well it does for what you're trying to achieve.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
More
11 years 9 months ago #366 by shareitfitness
Is this possible in 1.7.1? I saw in past versions it was not possible but was "planned" for future versions. I have several custom modules that do not have comment-abiility, and would thus like to use a forum category for follow-up discussion, but do not want users posting other threads in that category.
More
11 years 9 months ago #367 by sozzled
K 1.7.1 is not supported; please see my earlier reply to you about K 1.7.2. The better functionality you're looking for is being implemented in K 2.0.
More
11 years 9 months ago #368 by Matias
Or has been implemented for RC2 (post and reply access at least).
More
11 years 6 months ago #369 by sozzled