Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #351 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, froggie81, and welcome to Kunena.

The first part of your question has been here asked before. This topic will provide you with the answers to your question.

I understand the term sub-Categories but I'm sorry, I do not understand the term sub-topic. Perhaps you could explain what you mean by "sub-topic".

The short answer to your question is that, you can set categories subject to posts not being displayed on the forum until they have been reviewed and approved for publication by a forum moderator. See Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1)
The following user(s) said Thank You: froggie81
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #352 by froggie81
What I mean By Sub Topic Is that, my client wants a FIXED 4 level 'FIXED' tree as far as subjectmayyetgoes , I did tell him I would ask about a 4th Level. Ex: Category HOUSE Forum DOORS TOPIC Doorknobs SUB-Topic Brass Door Knobs. I told him all boards I have seen do not to this level of granularity but that I would try and find out. The additional requirement being that the above list can not be altered by front end registered users. They can only have conversations in Brass Door Knobs for example. I realize this is unreasonable in nature, but had to ask.

I really want to use a board or perhaps a QUORA knock off that does integrates with Joomla, if there is such a thing. Even if there was I think QUORA is a different animal altogether and a forum is what the clients wants.
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #353 by froggie81
Checked out part one ..... beautiful and thanks again. AWESOME COMMUNITY HERE. I hope to be able to help others some day as you are helping me once I learn enough about this excellent software.

Peace,
Frank
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #354 by dirtypeach
What a great community! Got my last question answered quickly! I have one more.

Is there a way to prevent users from posting new topics in a specific category, but allow them to post replies to existing topics in that category?
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #355 by sozzled
dirtypeach: I'm pleased that we were able to help you last time but you're going to be a little disappointed this time around.

Your question has been here asked before. At this time, in K 1.7.2, it is not yet possible in K 1.7.2 for you to be able to do this. However, I understand that someone has written a plugin that may help called WCK - Write Control for Kunena but I do not know anything about it and I'm not sure how well it does what you're trying to achieve.
More
11 years 11 months ago #356 by wicketts
Replied by wicketts on topic Is this possible?
Hello,

We are in the process of setting up a new community web site.

We are looking at using Kunena after successful implementation on previous sites however...

Does Kunena have the ability to have different user groups and the ability to give them different permissions? Specifically we want to be able to give one group of users the permission to post links in their forum signatures but prevent this with other users. Is this possible?

If it is not, does anyone know of a forum for Joomla that allows this?

Many thanks

James
More
11 years 11 months ago #357 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Is this possible?
We are planning many features to K2.0+ and improving ACL is one of them (but not fully done yet). So at the moment it's not possible.
More
11 years 11 months ago #358 by lefreak
hey there,

i.e. i got a forum look like this:

- A

- B

- C

i want in A and B that guests can read, but not post or make new threads. but in C they shall be able to make new threads and to write posts. how can i make this possible?
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #359 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

Your question has been here asked before. At this time, in K 1.7.2, it is not yet possible in K 1.7.2 for you to be able to do this. However, I understand that someone has written a plugin that may help called WCK - Write Control for Kunena but I do not know anything about it and I'm not sure how well it does what you're trying to achieve.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
More
11 years 10 months ago #360 by amackay
Hi,

I would like to create a partially locked forum category. For example,

Registered users and higher access levels can "view" the forum
Authors and higher access levels can "post" to the forum
Other users are specified as moderators who approve the posts

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Annabel