Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
12 years 3 months ago #321 by modernmagic
Did you ever figure this out. I too am interested.

We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #322 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: moderator buttons?
modernmagic: Your questionz have been asked before <- follow the link

The answer is no, it is not possible in the current version of Kunena to do this.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 3 months ago #323 by prophoto
Replied by prophoto on topic Re: ACL

prophoto wrote: User Group 1 are the only users that can start new topics in Kunena. All posts/categories are public for read access. Is this possible?

It appears someone has filled the gap that Kunena could not fill on its own. This component seems to give me the functionality that I need.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...rum-extensions/19275

With this plugin you can set individual write permissions for certain categories without affecting their visibility. Like this you can assign read rights to all visitors, but give only certain groups of users write access. In Kunena the write permissions are not set individually, they are controlled using the visibility of each category. However, setting the write access is necessary in some cases. For example if you have a group of subscribers and want to give them write access and you would like to show the entries for everybody.

It is possible to select categories and associated user groups. A multiple selection is possible by holding down the CTRL key while clicking.

The plugin can automatically remove the entry buttons to the form if the user does not have the required permissions. It also prevents direct access to the form. It is possible to redirect the user either using the referrer or a custom URL. The selected categories will be removed automatically during write mode in the category pick list.

Features

* Set write access in Kunena 1.7 forum component
* Assign categories to user groups - only these groups have write permission in the appropriate categories
* Visibility is not restricted - visitors can see threads, but only selected user groups can write new records
* Categories of the forum and user groups can be selected simply by clicking
* If rights are missing all entry buttons are removed, the form can not be loaded with a click
* If the form of a forbidden category is called directly, the plugin prevents it
* Users can be redirected to the given referrer or a self-selected URL

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiminimonka
More
12 years 3 months ago #324 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic Re: ACL
That will make a lot of people happy. I will check it out.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
More
12 years 2 months ago #325 by Kubik-Rubik
Replied by Kubik-Rubik on topic Aw: Re: ACL

prophoto wrote:

prophoto wrote: User Group 1 are the only users that can start new topics in Kunena. All posts/categories are public for read access. Is this possible?

It appears someone has filled the gap that Kunena could not fill on its own. This component seems to give me the functionality that I need.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...rum-extensions/19275

Hi!

I am the developer of the plugin "WCK". I needed this functionality for my Kunena forum on my project website.

If you have any suggestions or feature requests, then please contact me over my project website: joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/

Regards

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
kubik-rubik.de
More
12 years 2 months ago #326 by scherman83
Hi all,
I need to set different permissions for different categories.
Category A visible to all and guests also can reply

Category B-C-... visible to everyone but only registered users can reply

is it possible?

thanks
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #327 by sozzled
scherman83: Your question have been asked before <- follow the link

The answer is no, it is not possible in the current version of Kunena to do this. If you allow guests to post messages then they can post messages in any category they can view. You can allow guests to view the forum, of course, and not be able to post but that is not what you want to do for your "Category A". You may find the Write Control for Kunena Plugin does what you want to do; I cannot tell you any more than that.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 2 months ago #328 by james2581
What is the settings to have a sub forum that only I can post INTO but registered members can COMMENT? I thought I could just make it locked but then it says no one could comment :(

Thanks in Advance,

Check out My online community. Once you stop by you will be hooked. www.JameZtown.com
More
12 years 2 months ago #329 by sozzled
james2581: Your question have been asked before <- follow the link.

No, it is not currently possible in K 1.7 that, for certain categories, only a moderator can start new topics and allow other users to reply.
More
12 years 2 months ago #330 by Paul19
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a simple mechanism to limit the visibility of topics to the original poster and members of a special group.

Background: I am thinking of abusing Kunena as a bug tracking system, so that users won't need to get used to a second UI next to the existing forum.

Time to create page: 0.620 seconds