Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
12 years 7 months ago #281 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

See #243 . The same questions keep recurring. Let's try to keep them together.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 6 months ago #282 by cambler
Is it possible to create a forum where only a certain access level (or even just moderators or admins) can start new topics, but any registered user can reply in a topic once it's already created?

I have a forum that has topics that have polls, but only moderators should have the permission to create those topics. Any member should be able to comment and discuss, once that topic is created, however.

I'm not seeing a way to do this.
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #283 by cambler
Well, seeing as this isn't an option, I coded it myself.

If anyone wants to do this, it's reasonably simple. Add a database field in categories called "canstart" and then search for all usage of "locked" and mirror it using "canstart," but only do the "canstart" check on new posts (not replies or edits).

This allows moderators and admins to start topics but nobody else, since the check is bypassed in canPost().

The final check should be modified to look something like this:

if (($action == '-post-') && (! $this->parent->catcanstart)) {
return $this->setError ( $action, 'This forum does not allow for new threads.' );
}

(checking against -post- and not -edit- or -reply-

Yes, a real solution would be to say what access groups can start topics, but this is a start, and it works. I hope when it's time to upgrade to 2.0 this functionality will be in there. For now, it gets me what I need for my project. ;)
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by cambler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matias
More
12 years 6 months ago #284 by dhuang
1. How to do setup and allow registered users to create new topics but can not delete the topics even they are the owners of topics?
2. How to setup to let moderator reviews the new topic before publish?
3. In default Kunena template, there are a lot of function buttons, "Edit", "Delete", and so on. How to disable those functions for certain groups?

Thanks.
More
12 years 5 months ago #285 by Raniko
Hello, I'm using K1.7 and J1.7 along with CB 1.7. I'm able to use the access level registrictions to hide categories for various user groups, but I was wondering if there is a way to SHOW the categories to users that can't currently access the forums and have kunena suggest an upgrade to plans that do allow access to those forums when a restricted user clicks on the category? Many thanks!
More
12 years 5 months ago #286 by Raniko
j 1.7 k1.7 cb 1.7

Is it possible to grant user groups/access levels the ability to view categories but not to post? I have categories that I would like the public and other registered user groups to be able to see, but not post to (while allowing still other groups view/post privileges). I have seen a number of posts asking this same question in a variety of ways, but they have 0 replies.... I'm guessing then that this isn't possible. If thats the case, please let me know so I can stop scavenging for answers :) . Many thanks!
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #287 by sozzled
This kind of question has been asked several times before. Ideally, for those who have asked about this feature, it would be good if Kunena would allow features along the lines you have described but these have not (and will not) be implemented in K 1.7. We hope that a future version of Kunena will allow for these kinds of "how can I post, allow other people to read the replies but not be allowed to contribute to the topic" questions. See my reply in msg #243 earlier in this topic.

I hope that helps.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #288 by dulici
@Raniko
That is possible using the newly relased AceACL component and it's Kunena extension (add-on), here you can try them for free:
www.joomace.net/joomla-extensions/aceacl
www.joomace.net/downloads/aceacl/extensions/kunena-aceacl

I'm working on implementing AceACL features as an Integration option of Kunena in the core and will suggest/pull that to Matias via GitHub so maybe you'll see it inside Kunena in the feature.

AceSEF - Joomla! SEO Suite
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by dulici.
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #289 by Figs
Replied by Figs on topic restrict users to reply
Hello!

I'm trying to create Question & Answer board based on Kunena 1.7, so i have question is it possible to restrict users to post replys and allow to create topics?

[strike]And second question: when you lock topic the name of topic not showing, only lock icon. How i can leave name of topic?[/strike]
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled. Reason: strike out second question
More
12 years 5 months ago #290 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, Figs, and welcome to Kunena.

See msgs #261 and #262 (and elsewhere in this topic) where the same quesion has been asked and "answered".

Please, if you have two different questions, start a second topic for the second question.
Time to create page: 0.672 seconds