Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
12 years 10 months ago #251 by sozzled
This is achievable using third-party ACL products, e.g. Artof User
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 10 months ago #252 by Matias

eliteeservices wrote: We have a Forex site using Kunena eesfx.com and we'd like to have a feature that we could enable access to particular forum categories based on certain users, NOT their designation - such as author, administrator, etc. This would allow us to create forums for particular clients who are paranoid about sharing the details of their strategy with other users.

Actually this is a feature I've been thinking of adding into Kunena 2.0 -- have categories where you can have private discussions with moderators only.
More
12 years 10 months ago #253 by beat

Matias wrote:

eliteeservices wrote: We have a Forex site using Kunena eesfx.com and we'd like to have a feature that we could enable access to particular forum categories based on certain users, NOT their designation - such as author, administrator, etc. This would allow us to create forums for particular clients who are paranoid about sharing the details of their strategy with other users.

Actually this is a feature I've been thinking of adding into Kunena 2.0 -- have categories where you can have private discussions with moderators only.

Nice idea! :)

Actually, being able to do this also on a per-thread basis would be nice too ;)
Simply being able to switch a thread to "private", visible only by the thread starter and the moderators. A bit like private tracker items on a bug tracker.

Beat B)
CB Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matias
More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #254 by Matias
Actually my idea was to show the topic to all participants (we have list of users for each topic), so you could call more users into the discussion. The feature would be topic based, but having the feature available in all categories.. I'm not sure how fast it would be, because of we would need to have pretty complex query to make it to happen. Of course it's possible to have either public or private discussions showing up if having both becomes too slow.

In principle this feature would also allow users to have private conversations inside forum, not just one to one, but between many people. :)

EDIT: It's enough to have one LEFT JOIN to have both private and public discussions showing up at the same time. It could be pretty fast, after all..
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Matias.
More
12 years 10 months ago #255 by beat
The idea of the privacy with thread starter (actually making private could be not allowed or giving a warning at making-private time if there is more than thread starter and moderators) was exactly for database efficiency ;)

Also 99% of the cases where you want privacy is because of confidential or private information exchange with a member (e.g. system access info, or security-issue being discussed before a patch is available, or complaints management), and so on), so I think that in 99% of cases multiple-users privacy feature is not needed.

Typically, making a thread private could be done at 2 places:
- with an optional checkmark by thread starter directly,
- or by moderators on/off setting anytime

Flyspray bug-tracker does that pretty well.

Beat B)
CB Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matias
More
12 years 10 months ago #256 by poco06
Replied by poco06 on topic Private message
Hi,

I love Kunena but I need to use it in a special way and I don't know if it's possible.

I want that each user have acces (view) ONLY to his own posts (and not those of the other users).
So, when a user logs in the forum, he can see the different categories, but only the messages he has already posted.

Then, only the forum moderator is able to view all the posts and reply to them.

If you think this is possible, I would be very happy to share this with you.
Many thanks in advance
More
12 years 10 months ago #257 by sozzled
poco06: I think this is the idea that Beat was talking about (BTW, thanks, Beat for a really great suggestion! :))
More
12 years 10 months ago #258 by Scuff2
Replied by Scuff2 on topic Re: Locking Categories
Hi xillibit, I checked the 'Feature Requests' section but found no post for this feature. I would like to add though that I think this would be a very useful feature to have. Any chance of this making it into a future version of Kunena?? I currently use 1.6.4.

Cheers!
More
12 years 10 months ago #259 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Locking Categories
Yes, this feature doesn't exist in kunena 1.6, i hope that we can something in the future, but i don't know when

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #260 by Marija
Replied by Marija on topic Creating user groups
Hi,

I was wondering is there any simple plugin for Kunena that can help me create different user groups?

I would like to create a section in Kunena accessable only to some of registrated users that i pick. It would be a more private section for users who knew each other, so they culd post their private photos etc.

I found that Kunena allows only restrictions for non registrated users or non-moderators/administrators.

Thanks,
Marija

[strike]EDIT: I posted in wrong section of forum, sorry mod![/strike] Topic merged by moderator.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Topics merged
Time to create page: 0.591 seconds