Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
13 years 1 hour ago #231 by perryworld
Hi Matias

Is this plugin available.
we need a solution pretty quickly so any help would be great.

Thanks
Richard
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 52 minutes ago #232 by Matias
It's available for our testers and works with J1.6.4. If you're interested to test AND report bugs from it, please join into our testers group in JomSocial. After getting approved you will have access to our internal builds.
More
13 years 14 minutes ago #233 by perryworld
Hi Matias,

I think we have found a work around which will be ok for our client.
If it is not suitable I will come back to you.

thanks
Richard
More
12 years 11 months ago #234 by aryob
I couldn't figure out how to have a forum under a category where everyone could view it but only authors/editors/publisher/managers/adminsitrators could reply to it.
More
12 years 11 months ago #235 by sozzled
G'day, aryrob, and welcome to Kunena.

In the past couple of years we've received many different variations on your question. Some people only want administrators to be able to create topics; other people want anyone to create topics but only the administrators can answer them; people want to be able to partition off various parts of the forum so that some categories work in one of these two ways but everywhere else works differently. You understand what I'm driving at?

When you get right down to what, basically, Kunena is all about, Kunena is a web-based discussion forum that is designed to help people build virtual communities of people who can meet and discuss things. Some people would like to see Kunena as a kind of "help-desk" system, where people ask questions and the staff answer them. That's OK and there are hundreds of help-desk systems that you can obtain and install on your site. However, when we get right down to it, Kunena was not originally designed as a help-desk system.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with wanting to use Kunena this way but it's not really suitable in its current form. If enough people really want this functionality and are willing to sponsor it then it's possible that Kunena could be transformed into this kind of "help-desk" vehicle. That's about all I can say on your idea at this time; perhaps others would like to offer their opinions, too. :)
More
12 years 11 months ago #236 by jakhall
Replied by jakhall on topic 2 forums, each private
Can someone tell me if it is possible to have multiple 'chat areas / rooms etc' that are private for certain users only?
More
12 years 11 months ago #237 by ssnobben
Replied by ssnobben on topic Re: 2 forums, each private
This is very intersting also using with Joomla 1.6 ACL structure and menu access.

Is this possible anyone can give an example how it works can be done?

rgds
More
12 years 11 months ago #238 by jakhall
as far as I know, kunea isn't ready for joomla 1.6. But I want to know how (or if) I can have one only installation of kunea, but have a forum (or discussion area) for general public and a restricted area for certain users?
More
12 years 11 months ago #239 by sozzled
It's possible to have special categories where certain sub-classes of your users can interact with one another (but not for the "general membership") and, as I understand it, K 1.6.4 will improve things in this area.

K 1.6.4 will be released shortly. The reason for the delay has been that a lot of work was needed to improve the use of Kunena with J! 1.6 and this work is still not completed. Rather than wait for J! 1.7 (expected in July this year) to fix the outstanding problems that remain in J! 1.6, the project team has decided that K 1.6.4 should be released before that time even though this latest release still falls short of some of the expectations that the team had for J! 1.6.

I can't really say whether J! 1.6's new ACL features work 100% with K 1.6 (I really haven't been able to test everything myself) but other members of the testing team have indicated that K 1.6.4 meets most purposes. K 1.6.4 is already being used in a number of very large sites (upwards of 10,000 users and hundreds of thousands of messages) and the indications are very promising.

As you may be aware, Jooma and Beyond 2011 is about to commence soon in Amsterdam where half-a-dozen members of the project team will be attending. We expect, with such a large turn-out of team members in the one place at the same time, that the remaining processes will be completed at that event and for members of the community to expect the public release of K 1.6.4 (as well as updated add-ons for Kunena for that version) to be done.

Good news, eh? Keep coming back to this website for further announcements when we know more.
More
12 years 11 months ago #240 by test02
When a user registers/log in for the discussion board i first want to scan the profile before giving them access to the board. How is it done..??i do not want every registered user to have access to the board, i thought of 2 different log ins,,one for the website itself and one for the discussion board itself...that works seperately..
Time to create page: 0.636 seconds