Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
13 years 3 days ago #221 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Private categories?
This feature does not exist in K 1.6; there is some expansion of this idea in K 2.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: loanchik
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 2 days ago #222 by NickC4555
Replied by NickC4555 on topic More granular permissions
It would be useful to allow more granular permissions at the category level. For example, in all previous forum packages I've used (even Agora), you can allow registered members to start a topic, but not add replies. This is useful when you want to let people ask a question that you want to let a mod/admin answer without it turning into a long thread.
More
13 years 2 days ago - 13 years 2 days ago #223 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

What's wrong with long topics? :whistle:

Yes, this is a good idea and the feature is not currently implemented in the way that you would like to see it done. There is a way of achieving within Kunena what you want to do but it involves a little bit of work on your part. If you're OK with the workload then here's the solution:

If you only want your forum (or one part of it to be used for "I have a question and no-one, not even me, is allowed to answer it except for the forum moderators/administrators") then you can do that with locked categories.

Your user posts their question into a category (which is moderated and for which you have "review posts = yes" defined, so that the message will not appear until it has been approved by a forum moderator); a forum moderator approves the message and moves it into a locked category. After that is done, no-one, not even the person who posted the message, can reply to the topic except for a moderator or site administrator. There you go. Problem solved. ;)
Last edit: 13 years 2 days ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 1 day ago #224 by NickC4555

sozzled wrote: *** Topics merged ***

What's wrong with long topics? :whistle:

Yes, this is a good idea and the feature is not currently implemented in the way that you would like to see it done. There is a way of achieving within Kunena what you want to do but it involves a little bit of work on your part. If you're OK with the workload then here's the solution:

If you only want your forum (or one part of it to be used for "I have a question and no-one, not even me, is allowed to answer it except for the forum moderators/administrators") then you can do that with locked categories.

Your user posts their question into a category (which is moderated and for which you have "review posts = yes" defined, so that the message will not appear until it has been approved by a forum moderator); a forum moderator approves the message and moves it into a locked category. After that is done, no-one, not even the person who posted the message, can reply to the topic except for a moderator or site administrator. There you go. Problem solved. ;)

Hmmmm. Not exactly what I had in mind!
More
13 years 1 day ago #225 by sozzled
What's wrong with the solution? It works, doesn't it?
More
13 years 22 hours ago #226 by NickC4555
It works, but it isn't elegant. It's in every other forum package I've ever worked with, so come one guys, please push this up the backlog list.
More
12 years 11 months ago #227 by perryworld
Hi Guys,

We use Kunena and JomSocial on our site and we are looking for a solution to the following problem.

We have setup custom fields in JomSocial per user which will specify which Forum's we want that user to be able to access. We can then use this field when the user goes to the forum to restrict what forum/categories they would be able to use.

Does anyone know how this can be achieved or which files to edit so solve it.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Richard
More
12 years 11 months ago #228 by sozzled
That method of controlling access to specific categories will not work. The only method to restrict access is to use an ACL-based solution.
More
12 years 11 months ago #229 by perryworld
Hi Sozzled,

Thanks for the quick reply.

If we have 3 Forums set up - Forum1, 2 and 3.
Is it not possible to get the user details from their JomSocial record and check if they have access to (say) Forum 2 then only display Forum 2 when they access the Kunena forum page.

Thanks
Richard
More
12 years 11 months ago #230 by Matias
We do have integration plugin (for K1.6.4) with JomSocial groups integration -- allowing users in a JomSocial group to access a Kunena category. It will be available together with Kunena 1.6.4.
Time to create page: 0.484 seconds