Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

More
13 years 5 months ago #181 by xillibit
Hello,

You can use some third party components to manage ACL in a better way in Joomla! 1.5 like :

Jxtended ACL
ArtofUer
NoixACL

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #182 by FreeThinker
Use ACL

tho i myself think it's a little bit confused...and has too many thingys (like...plg; mod...)
...and have not yet got the final result i was aiming to...making me give up on it :(

*a good and working tutorial by someone, would make a day for a bunch of people :cheer: :P
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by FreeThinker.
More
13 years 5 months ago #183 by kober
I thougth about it but I don't know if there will not be any conflict with jomsocial
More
13 years 5 months ago #184 by freedomcoach
Hi All:

Is it possible to create a category or thread restricted and visible only to moderators and if so how?

Howard
More
13 years 5 months ago #185 by sozzled
There are several ways that you can achieve this.

One way is to give all your moderators Author privilege and then restrict access to the specific category to Authors and above. This technique is documented in Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups

Of course, giving users Author privilege means that they have the ability to do other things on your website, too, which you may not want them to do.

A better way to achieve what you want is to implement an access control regime on your site. There are a number of third-party access control extensions for Joomla 1.5. J! 1.6 (when it sees the light of day) will have ACL features included as part of the core but, for J! 1.5, you need to install the software. K 1.6.1 allows you to use a couple of these additional Access Control List (ACL) products. The release notes for K 1.6.1 list the current ACL products that you can use with K 1.6.1.

The technique for using ACLs to define special categories (instead of Joomla user types) is much the same as the method described in the first link I showed in this message. One of these days we'll get around to updating that article.

Does this help?
More
13 years 5 months ago #186 by LGjoomla
Morten -

Were you able to accomplish your goal of only giving Premium members write-access? I'd like to do the same.

Thanks,
LGJoomla
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #187 by sanya71
Replied by sanya71 on topic Re: Groups?
how That can be solved to get the latest entry in the first place to appear, so the default change.ne Get set for the user, thank you, sorry for my bad english
can also be good if you reach into the code somewhere, just write me where to improve
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sanya71.
More
13 years 5 months ago #188 by freedomcoach
Sozzled, yes it does help. I think I can safely give the members author status for now and see how that goes.

I would love to have the ACL features and am indeed tempted to install one of the extensions like artofuser but my site is pretty complex as it is and do not want to add another component unless it is really necessary. This could change. I might decide to test the ACL. I certainly have the use for it. Do you have a favorite one? I believe the Kunena developer you introduced to me on skype likes artofuser.

BTW, do you know what happens when you upgrade to J1.6? Do you need to turn all this off and reconstruct it using the core Joomla capabilities?

Sincerely,
Howard
More
13 years 3 months ago #189 by Frankie4life
Replied by Frankie4life on topic Access Limits
Hello Friends,

I am new to Kuena but I must say I love it so far.

Here is my question:

I want to make my forums readable to the public but I only want members of a certain group to be able to post or else I would rather have every post be moderated before going live.

How can I do this with Kunena?

Thanks,

Frankie4life
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #190 by sozzled
G'day, Frankie4life, and welcome to Kunena.

Your question is one of the most popular that has been asked ever since Kunena was released two years ago. It has also been a major stumbling block for many users: how to allow a large group of users to be able to read the messages posted in a Kunena category but only allow a smaller subset (or maybe a different group of users) the ability to post messages? Regrettably this is a question that has not been able to have been solved with the current version of Kunena. It is certainly something that will be looked into in the very near future.

The following topics are also related to this question: You may find some useful information in this topic and in the other topics that I have mentioned.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds