Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Loved The great "Thanks to All Kunena Developers" thread

More
14 years 2 months ago #61 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re: Good Job Kunena!
Thanks a lot guys. We have never worked so hard before. We just passed a major milestone.

We reduced the query counts on some of the major pages by up to 10x.

We took a little delay with the multi file upload. At first we went down the path for Fancy Upload, but the requirement for flash just to upload files did not resonate well with us, plus the bugs with Flash on Linux systems, made it unusable for those Linux users amongst our user base. (same for iPhone an d upcoming iPad).

So instead we wrote a new file attachement process using mootools, ajax and iframes, that doesn't require any flash.

That and a few bugs keep us busy. We hav started internal testing and hope to have the public Alpha out soon.

Have a great day!

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #62 by freedomcoach
Replied by freedomcoach on topic Re: Good Job Kunena!
This is very exciting news. I can't wait to have 1.6 operational. It is coming at the perfect time when my subscriber base is expanding rapidly.

Sincerely,
Howard

More
14 years 2 months ago #63 by sunnyjey
Replied by sunnyjey on topic Re:Good Job Kunena!
Hi Kunena Taem,

We are all excited to see the new development. I am checking Kunena Twitter atleast twice a day.

Thank you so much for doing such a great job.

We all love you

More
14 years 2 months ago #64 by Link
Replied by Link on topic Re:Good Job Kunena!
Hi, just want to say thank you. I am new to Kunena and found it easy to install and setup.

My task was to setup a new forum and website for exotic car owners in New Zealand. I choose Joomla plus Kunena because:
1. It is still been improved and developed so good support.
2. It looks good and is easy to use.
3. It has extended features that can grow with the site.

The hardest bit was creating the Joomla template.
The easyest bit was installing Kunena. The only thing I had to change was a little CSS in the Kunena template to make the page background show through around the tabs. This was easy because of the CSS button/editor built in.

Good Job Kunena, keep up the good work. :)

www.fordgt1.co.nz

More
14 years 2 months ago #65 by mschmoldt
Replied by mschmoldt on topic Thanks Kunena Creators
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has spent time creating Kunena. I had been looking for a good forum solution for tiepedia and I had tried Agora, CCBoard, and ninja board but Kunena is the one for me. It did take some modification which is why I appreciate sozzled, xillibit, Matias, @quila for answering questions that I benefited from.

Thanks again guys, I am now going to add a 5 star review on the JED B)

-Matt

More
14 years 2 months ago #66 by mibnbikes
Replied by mibnbikes on topic Re:Thanks Kunena Creators
I totally agree, good work Kunena people, thanks a bunch for all your hard work.

More
14 years 2 months ago #67 by darksoul
Replied by darksoul on topic Re:Thanks Kunena Creators
For me too.. Kunena Rulez!

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #68 by Mortti
Thanks to Ron Severdia (my favorite Blend option) and all K Team (Matias, Oliver, Florian, Dragoljub, Sven) for your hard WORK what you guys are already done for us = Kunena Users...

My personal thanks goes to (after Matias and Ron) Michael Russell (sozzled)... as I said in our Finnish forum "There is not human like "sozzled" who help peoples his passions... I have never seen a similar capitulation for extension and want to help peoples..." in Finnish I said shortly about that...

Anyway... all this Thanks come to tester forum, because you are provided to preferred to have won the right to be here, that right should not be exploited from anyone (remember you others testers, this is a right not an obligation ... you can always leave)

What I need? I need more testers with the participation of the reporting...

If you have a tester's role, I suppose you are testing something ... if I find errors or suggestions for improvement, so you too I think? Tell all about of those for developers? This is not the place for guys who just want latest dev version and it's results of testing, I think. (note for developers)

Best Regards for all Kunena Team,

Sami aka Mortti
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Mortti.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
13 years 4 months ago #69 by sozzled
Thank you, Sami. Your kind words are very much appreciated. :)

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #70 by Mortti
You/everybody can found my couple words about you in Finnish forum here when K 1.6.1 released: www.joomlaportal.fi/component/option,com...mid,51/topic,11737.0

About you is English about this: Nor can I ever forget Michael (sozzled) forum, which has made / will make perhaps the hardest job in helping the people I've ever seen live...

It was basic release news, but I give thanks for all Kunena Team and more... because I have been here to do this my own little notes/bug notifications/suggestions/translations for you/our all...

You should be read my previous post of the history of my from 2005-6... when I started this.... Maybe Matias translate that for you guys someday... long trip to this and believe all the time for better next ;) This time there is developer group first time, when I can think to trust seriously... This is still Open Source Project... as we all know that.

Sami/Mortti
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Mortti.

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds