Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Question Pseudo-tree forum structure

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #1 by lemur
Hi.
I see that the question of implementing the tree structure, that I raised in the post "The tree structure of the forum is very necessary" , is not solving yet. By the way, it is not clear, whether this is supposed to be done - in Kunena 5 or in Kunena 6.

In this regard, I want to offer a temporary, palliative solution, which can be called a pseudo-tree structure.

In the Kunena forum each post in the thread has a number of the form #47, which is displayed in its title. A user can choose in the settings the global numbering for all forum posts or the local numbering within the thread. Let's focus on the local one, although it doesn't matter here.
A number like #47 can be used as a link inside the post, for example, "as stated in post #43 ..." or "@#47", etc. But this should be written by the user himself!

On the other hand, Kunena has two options: "Reply Topic" and "Reply" in the post (or Quick Reply). In the currently used flat structure of the thread, Kunena does not distinguish in any way how the answer is entered. 

But the reply in the post is the basic element of the tree structure.  When you click "Reply" in a post, the number of the post, to which the response is made, is automatically recorded in the Kunena database entry.
This makes it possible to display constructions like "#43 <- #47" in the title of the new post  (instead of just #47). Which will reflect the pseudo-tree structure. Because you can immediately see which post is answered. What is in fact required from the tree structure. In particular, using "Ctrl/F" you can easily find all answers to post #43.

Programming of this feature requires from developers to change just one or a little more lines in the code.

This is what I ask the Kunena team to do.

With respect.

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:
Many thanks to Rich and the other advisors.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by lemur.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds