Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics must relate to a currently supported version of Kunena. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question The tree structure of the forum is very necessary

More
4 years 1 week ago #1 by lemur
Unfortunately, Kunena abandoned the tree structure:
www.kunena.org/forum/general-questions-a...ree-structure#211977

The information I will present below is widely known, but I want to substantiate the thesis of the title.

A FLAT forum such as this ONE (on Kunena's site) is quite suitable for the tasks of developers of specific applications, since any topic here discuss in the format of a dialogue. The user asks a question or describes a problem, and the moderator responds. If the question is not resolved, it is clarified by the user, and the moderator gives a new answer. Sometimes other users or developers interfere in this dialog, but always (!!) the topic develops sequentially - from setting of the task to solving it. And so there is nothing better than a flat forum, for such a situation as on this forum can not come up.

I want to draw the attention of the developers of Kunena' to the fact that there are situations, when discussing of problems can be completely another. For example, on scientific, popular science, political, and other sites.

As known, in a tree forum, the list of messages in a single topic is presented hierarchically in the form of a tree. Any message can potentially start its own "thread" of discussion, deviating from the original topic, but somehow connected with it. When dozens or even hundreds of messages appear in a topic, the tree structure allow reviewing and select the desired messages, and it is not possible in a flat forum.

There are many advantages for tree-based public forums, but I will name just a few.
- In any community (on any forum) there are leaders - the most knowledgeable, smart, interesting, original, etc. participants. And there are illiterate, uninteresting, or even just freaks. The tree structure saves a lot of time.
- Some branches in the topic may cause more interest than others - it is impossible to track this in a flat forum. (By the way, in the Kunena Forum, the ability to respond to a message, and not only in the topic, has almost lost its meaning, since the answer will still be placed chronologically and not even marked with the #-number of the post, that is being answered).

I will not make any further arguments. Just once again, I urge developers to include the tree structure in the development plan for Kunena.

Notes.
1. I understand that the resources of developers and volunteers are limited. Perhaps the commercialization of this option, i.e. access to it for a reasonable fee, would help solve the issue. After all, the Blue Eagle template isn't free.
2. On the other hand, the appearance of a tree structure in the forum would greatly expand the number of subscribers to Kunena (and Joomla). After all, in fact, there are no tree-like forums other than vBulletin.
3. I hope that this post will not only be read by the developers of Kunena, but also supported by other participants of this forum (to show the significance of the issue).

Thanks.

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:
Many thanks to Rich and the other advisors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #2 by lemur
Hi!
Unfortunately, no one responded to my post about the importance of the tree structure.
And the absence of such a structure negatively affects the attendance of my forum.

I ask someone of the developers of Kunena to briefly comment on whether they plan to return the tree structure someday.

---
An example

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:

More
3 years 10 months ago #3 by rich
It's already in our to-do list but it has not the highest priority.

More
3 years 10 months ago #4 by lemur
Thank you for the quick answer.

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds