Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question A Question for the Kunena Community!

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #11 by Mortti

Admata wrote: Both options sound good to me. That option was missing and therefore I coudnĀ“t vote ;)

When I come to see this your post, I can vote those 2 options... then they was in top of page (K.com or .org)? (now I already vote one of them before I answer to this)
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Mortti.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 7 months ago #12 by Charl Laas
Hi

I really don't thinks it matters. In South Africa we are use to .co.za. extentions, so we typically accociate US sites with .com (this might be true for other countries outside of the US as well).

I personally think it is better to use .com, purly because we are used to sites with a .com extention. For me Kunena and my impression of Kunenea developers won't change when .com is changed to .org or vice versa.

If you relly want to change why not use .co??

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Franklin P. Jones
More
13 years 7 months ago #13 by fxstein
Thanks for all the comments and votes so far!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
More
13 years 7 months ago #14 by MarkBoy81

severdia wrote: Dot org usually signifies a non-profit, which Kunena isn't. That doesn't mean it couldn't be, but I don't think your typical non-profit (solely existing to advance a political, social, or charitable cause) is what Kunena aspires to become.

Personally, I don't believe in the mathematical equation .org = political/social/charitable cause.

Please note:
Joomla! --> .ORG
Wikipedia --> .ORG
Drupal --> .ORG
None of them involve political/social/charitable causes, yet we can properly identify them in a non-lucrative reference frame (to speak in Einstein's terms :woohoo: ).

Then please note:
Microsoft --> .COM ($$$)
JomSocial --> .COM ($$$)

Therefore my vote went to .ORG. :)
More
13 years 7 months ago #15 by Admata

Mortti wrote: When I come to see this your post, I can vote those 2 options... then they was in top of page (K.com or .org)? (now I already vote one of them before I answer to this)

Sorry for my clumsy english. What I meant was that option "either one are ok." is missing ;)

MarkBoy81:

Please note:
Joomla! --> .ORG
Wikipedia --> .ORG
Drupal --> .ORG
None of them involve political/social/charitable causes, yet we can properly identify them in a non-lucrative reference frame (to speak in Einstein's terms ).

Then please note:
Microsoft --> .COM ($$$)
JomSocial --> .COM ($$$)

Good point. Perhaps there is a difference worth noticing. Voted for .org after all :silly:
More
13 years 7 months ago #16 by fxstein
So far more than 2/3 are saying switch to .org

What is your take on this topic?

More
13 years 7 months ago #17 by Matias
I like Kunena.com more as a name, but I still voted for .org

I think that our domain should reflect our values, even though I usually don't care what the domain is.
More
13 years 7 months ago #18 by fxstein
I guess we need to think about plans on how to switch the domain to .org. a 2/3 majority in votes is a clear indication that this is the preferred setup.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #19 by Mortti

fxstein wrote: I guess we need to think about plans on how to switch the domain to .org. a 2/3 majority in votes is a clear indication that this is the preferred setup.

Then that means also huge work (links) in other sites which follow you or/and are done link for your sites(can you keep redirections from old url's?)... but if that have to do... so we all have to follow you, I hope this not happen every year in the future.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Mortti.
More
13 years 7 months ago #20 by fxstein

Mortti wrote:

fxstein wrote: I guess we need to think about plans on how to switch the domain to .org. a 2/3 majority in votes is a clear indication that this is the preferred setup.

Then that means also huge work (links) in other sites which follow you or/and are done link for your sites... but if that have to do... so we all have to follow you, I hope this not happen every year in future.

No - no changes for anybody else.

Even today all kunena.com links work also as .org - we just flip the default.

All kunena.com links in the world will continue to work.

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds