Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Do users have to register twice for Kunena and for Virtuemart?

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #1 by herve123
Hi everybody !

I´m a beginner at Kunena and I tried to look for information here but I didn´t find what I needed.

Let me explain what I mean :
I installed Kunena and Virtuemart on my Website. What I would like is that the member shouldn't have to register twice. At the moment, they have to register to Kunena AND virtuemart (for the purchases).

What can I do to implement just a single registration on my Website ?

And an other question: if I buy a template for VirtueMart, I don't know if the template will also be used for the forum Kunena ?

Thank you very much.

Yours,
H.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, herve123, and welcome to Kunena.

I don't know how VirtueMart works as far as user registration is concerned but, because it works with Joomla I would imagine that if people register on your website using the standard Joomla registration procedure then they're registered to use VirtueMart and they've also registered to use Kunena. However, I could be wrong because (as I said) I don't know too much about VirtueMart.

But I do know about Kunena and Kunena doesn't have a "registration procedure" of its own: Kunena uses whatever your website uses for user registration. So, if your users use Joomla to register, then Kunena knows about your users, too. If you use JomSocial then Kunena knows about the users. If you use Community Builder then Kunena knows about the users. Kunena doesn't use a different user table to login to your website. Kunena does keep a table of user attributes (like whether someone is a moderator or what avatar they are using in the forum), just like JomSocial holds information about a user's birth date or Community Builder might have other information about the user.

So, I guess that VirtueMart holds special information about what things the users can advertise, buy or sell on your website. What I am saying is that your users shouldn't have to register twice at your website ... that just sounds uncharacteristic of Joomla.

What do the folks at VirtueMart have to say?
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #3 by sozzled
I see that you've added a second question while I was posting my reply to your first question:

herve123 wrote: If I buy a template for VirtueMart, I don't know if the template will also be used for the forum Kunena?

As I said before, I don't know too much about VirtueMart but I would guess that VirtueMart templates work with the VirtueMart extension, just like Kunena templates work with the Kunena extension.

Your question is a bit like saying, "If I buy a set of tyres for my Saab can I use them on my Ferrari?" I don't know. They're both tyres, but they're designed for entirely different purposes and they're engineered to work with completely different machines. That's the same with templates, too.

I doubt that a VirtueMart template would have any impact on Kunena.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by herve123
Ok thank you very much for your fast answers !!!!!!
It helps me a lot !!!!

Thank you very much, i'll try again and I let you inform as soon as it's good :)

thank you again

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #5 by iLucato

herve123 wrote: Ok thank you very much for your fast answers !!!!!!
It helps me a lot !!!!

Thank you very much, i'll try again and I let you inform as soon as it's good :)

thank you again

Hi Herve123, I'm facing the same issue. Did you get to solve it? Would you mind to share if so?
I'm trying just to make the registration from VM, but Kunena shows a different registration page.

Even by using the log-in patch (KED - Own Kunena Login) doesn't it use it's own form?

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by iLucato.

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
What "different" registration page does Kunena send your users too? Perhaps this is a restriction in Kunena because there's no integration with VirtueMart and, in this case, you may need to remove or change the registration link for Kunena. I don't know.

The central question to this discussion is: Do users have to register twice - to use Kunena and for VirtueMart? The answer is no.

After that question was answered, this discussion went off-topic. I repeat, I do not know how VirtueMart works. If you have questions about VirtueMart, please use their support forums .

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by iLucato

sozzled wrote: What "different" registration page does Kunena send your users too? Perhaps this is a restriction in Kunena because there's no integration with VirtueMart and, in this case, you may need to remove or change the registration link for Kunena. I don't know.

The central question to this discussion is: Do users have to register twice - to use Kunena and for VirtueMart? The answer is no.

After that question was answered, this discussion went off-topic. I repeat, I do not know how VirtueMart works. If you have questions about VirtueMart, please use their support forums .

Hi Sozzled, yup, I know you have mentioned that you don't know about VM and I should contact their support, I'm sorry if I bothered you, but I was trying to see if folks from this thread got to sort it out with some info from them or by themselves.

Regarding the "different" I want to mean, different from VM form, so the Kunena 'Register' link with the @quila patch, points to the link:
Code:
index.php?option=com_user&view=register&Itemid=...

and the 'Register' link from my site/VM point to another VM link, so I'll try to check the file kunena.login.php to see if it is possible to change it for the known VM link.

Cheers.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
iLucato: You understand that users do not have to register twice - once for Kunena and once for VirtueMart - because that was what this discussion topic was about.

Now that we're not confused by that issue, nor are we confused by the other issues that resulted in this discussion going off-topic, am I correct in assuming that your question is "How can I change Kunena so that it uses my VirtueMart registration page?" Would that be a fair re-statement of your question? :dry:

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #9 by iLucato

sozzled wrote: am I correct in assuming that your question is "How can I change Kunena so that it uses my VirtueMart registration page?" Would that be a fair re-statement of your question? :dry:

Yup, my language barrier always put me in "trouble". That would sound much better. :0)

Talking about it I got to solve it as you can check the suggested thread below: ;0)

How can I change Kunena so that it uses my VirtueMart registration page?

Thanks.

Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by iLucato.

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds