Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Idea [Merged topic] What is the Best Private Messaging Component?

More
13 years 7 months ago #31 by NNoXX

Matias wrote: Here is my little plugin which shows notification in every page if user has new private messages. It can be removed from UddeIM component by uncommenting one line and changing Itemid value in the comparision.

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_uddeim_new.zip
File Size:2 KB

I only posted here because the plugin was posted here as a solution for another posters question. I can post else where but if commenting or asking about the information in this particular thread is not on topic then what is????
Please read the entire thread b4 posting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #32 by sozzled

NNoXX wrote: I only posted here because the plugin was posted here as a solution for another posters question. I can post else where but if commenting or asking about the information in this particular thread is not on topic then what is????
Please read the entire thread b4 posting.

I did indeed read the entire topic. The topic was created a long time ago as a request to discuss users' recommendations for what they saw as "the best private messaging components". We therefore assume that this topic is mainly to discuss people's preferences for PM software that integrates with Kunena somehow.

Along the way, Matias wrote something, nearly 8 months ago, around the time of K 1.5.8 and uddeIM 1.9. Both Kunena and uddeIM software have advanced in that time whereas Matias' solution may not have. I do not believe that this discussion was intended to be a place where people could see technical support and, as far as I know, Matias has not written that he has any intention of maintaining his software for anyone other than himself.

I'll inform him of your question and he can answer you himself when he has time. Matias is a member of the Kunena development team and the team is very busy at the moment trying to get K 1.6 ready for the next public release. Actually, Matias is currently extremely ill with 'flu at the moment and so the answer to your question may have to wait a little longer.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #33 by NNoXX
OK sounds a little ridiculous but if that's the way it is here I guess I will try and hack it on my own.

"as far as I know, Matias has not written that he has any intention of maintaining his software for anyone other than himself."

Then why post it and encourage its use, as Matias obviously did? Its like saying because it is free that it is not intended to be used, if he doesn't have a solution or is sick or wrote the plugin 8 months ago that is fine but to say that this is not the place to post about it is just being stupid be real I should rather post on a thread that Matias may never see for support on his plug in that he posted here.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by NNoXX.

More
13 years 7 months ago #34 by sozzled
Thank you for your feedback. I can assure you that I am only doing my best to keep this discussion focused and on-topic. This topic was created in the General Talk about Kunena category. To quote from the category description:

Suggest your ideas for Kunena.com. Also general Kunena discussion.

Please use other forums for support questions and third-party software.

That's all that we are trying to do here. :)

More
13 years 7 months ago #35 by NNoXX
I understand but I am just trying my best to get an answer and with the way forums work I thought this would be my best bet. No worries

More
13 years 7 months ago #36 by sozzled
That's all right, NNoXX. I am also trying my best to help you, too. :)

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #37 by Mortti
Just reply to the topic "What is the Best Private Messaging Component?"

I my case that was always Stephan Slabihoud (Slabbi) development and re-created uddeIM when he did that in year 2007. Stephan job tell all, he is professional and I have not never been disappointed of his products... at the moment uddeIM is also compatible with Kunena, CB, AlphaUserPoints and so on components and it can use also himself easily as usually (just create menu link).

Options and functions... that is your heaven... please read the FAQ = Very comprehensive FAQ, about 90 pages... I recommend to read also... mean= no stypic question in support forum!

uddeIM Download: www.slabihoud.de/software/id4001.htm

uddeIM in JED: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/communication/pms/3206

uddeIM support: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com...nc,showcat/catid,25/

uddeIM Premium Plugins: www.slabihoud.de/software/id4003.htm

There is not much extensions what I can recommend but uddeIM is one of them...

Regards,

Sami aka Mortti
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Mortti.

More
13 years 7 months ago #38 by Matias
Regarding to plg_uddeim_new.zip:

I've not used the plugin since UddeIM 2.0 and K1.5.12, but I just downloaded and installed it for UddeIM 2.1 and Kunena 1.6.0RC2. Everything still works like it did when I hacked this together 8 months ago.

Kunena 1.6 has much improved feature to see unread private messages in top profile box (UddeIM only, for now). The plugin itself is just few lines of code and it should be easy to hack it to work for you. UddeIM also provides new API to do everything, which it didn't have when I posted the plugin.

I had never any plans to support my hack in the forums, I just shared what I did for myself. For those who have been using it, it should still work -- at least in theory there's nothing that prevents it from working. And now we have better solution just for Kunena. :)

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds