Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Idea [Merged topic] What is the Best Private Messaging Component?

More
14 years 4 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #1 by freedomcoach
Hi Everyone:

I'm presently using the private messaging component uddeIM and it is adequate but feels primitive and unpolished. I like the feel of the PM used here on this site but do not know the name of it. I'd love to get some recommendations on best private messaging components. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Howard
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Merged from several discussion; changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

The pm system used here on kunena.com, is them provided by Jomsocial. A lot of users have asked this numerous time : docs.kunena.com/index.php/Which_communit...sed_on_kunena.com%3F

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 4 months ago #3 by mythus
freedomcoach wrote:

Hi Everyone:

I'm presently using the private messaging component uddeIM and it is adequate but feels primitive and unpolished. I like the feel of the PM used here on this site but do not know the name of it. I'd love to get some recommendations on best private messaging components. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Howard

Since you are also asking for indeas on other PM clients...

I have only used two different clients thus far, first I used JIM way back when, which I thought was ok. I also am currently using uddeIM, which I do agree leaves something to be desired. I do not know what would be the best PM client to use with Kunena though, as everyone does have different tastes, but would be interested in hearing of other options as well, with trying to find the best one that is compatible with kunena.

The jomsocial PM client is nice, too bad jomsocial cost money... something I cannot afford to do as of yet.

More
14 years 4 months ago #4 by gjr
Looks like Jomsocial is the only serious PM system to consider?

JomSocial is actually kinda big to implement when only a PM system is needed, there is no alternative?

More
14 years 4 months ago #5 by Matias
I'm using UddeIM by myself. It's ok if you have installed my default_ex template into it.

More
14 years 4 months ago #6 by gjr
UddIM seems to work just fine! Does the job and is light weight.

However your template (default_ex) could not be found in the 1.9 install package.

Where can i get the Kunena template?

More
14 years 4 months ago #7 by freedomcoach
Hey Guys

Thanks for all the comments and info. I'm personally satisfied for now with uddeIM. It is functional and does the job. It is simply non elegant. Seems like it was created by techies which it undoubtedly was. Their website reflects that. JomSocial is overkill for my site at this time but down the road, it may be a good fit.

Sincerely,
Howard

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #8 by jpc0480
Does anyone have any recommendations for a PM? I am using CB and Kunena?

Kunena 3.0.4
CB 1.9.1
Joomla 2.5.18
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by jpc0480.

More
14 years 4 months ago #9 by Harmain
obviously UddIM is best and user friendly

More
14 years 4 months ago #10 by brucer
i'm using uddeim 1.9 and community builder on my website.. uddeim integrates with community builder and makes it a little better actually..

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds