Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Solved Difference between search module and search plugin

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #1 by Maszek
Is there anyone who can clarify the difference between the search module and the search plugin? What is the rationale behind having two types of addons for a search function?

I am posting this here after trying to access this information in vain through the Joomla Extensions Directory . It referred me to a Kunena-page that returns a 404-error: www.kunena.org/showcase
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Maszek.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thank you for your question.

A (very short) description of the function of the Kunena Search module is here: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...rum-extensions/15489

A (very short) description of the Kunena Search plugin is here: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/search-...ensions-search/13956

The reason why you got a "404 Page not found" error when you click the link www.kunena.org/showcase is because this is still on my "to do" list to write the page. I have temporarily worked around the error message. Thanks for reminding me. Finishing the job ... ah, that's another "small" task for me to attend to. ;)

The Kunena Search module allows you to perform a quick basic search within the Kunena forum data.. The Kunena Search plugin extends your Joomla site search module to include Kunena content. That's the difference. That's the rationale.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgbhard

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by Maszek
Okay Sozzled,

Thanks for your reply!

Good luck editing the showcase page! You can do it!

Go go go!!

Maszek

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds