Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question A Way To Build Kunena 2.0?

More
12 years 6 months ago #1 by coder4life
I searched everywhere, however all I found was an article saying I would need zend studio to build Kunena 2.0. Is this correct?

How does a person build the Kunena package on Github without the need for certain software?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

You need to have some skills to do that and the process is only know for Devs. We had planned the release of beta of Kunena 2.0 but you need to wait for the release

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3 by Randal
Any date?

More
12 years 6 months ago #4 by xillibit
Actually, we have no release date to give, i hope that we can release something this year...

More
12 years 6 months ago #5 by Randal
This year, something that can be used on a production (stable enaugh?) or for test-site beta version? I test already SVN version and most of functions look 'stable' as Matias said, for people that have some more expirience with software. But without any green light from you: "YES YOU CAN!" I prefer to wait. So?

More
12 years 6 months ago #6 by coder4life
Curious as to why only developers can build Kunena.

I feel it is kind of weird to have the source code forkable on GitHub, open to the public, yet no one can test and learn from the software because they do not have the tools to build a package to do so. I hope you understand my point, I just like to play around with Kunena code, even if it is not finished yet. However it would be helpful if I could build the package so I could play around with an installation.

Now I could probably install the individual parts manually, however it is my understanding that your builder has some optimizations before a package is created to make it work with Joomla? Correct or incorrect?

More
12 years 6 months ago #7 by Matias
Kunena 2.0 is running on production sites and is pretty stable on most parts. But there's still some work to do with integration and templating, which is the reason why we don't have release yet.

I think that the meaning from xillibit was to say, that in order to make the build, you need to have enough skills to use the tools like git and ant.

Building Kunena is pretty easy. Just install Ant builder, go to /build folder and run ant. Installer moves files around a bit, modifies some metadata and creates smaller zip files from individual parts of Kunena.

If you don't know how to use ant but you're able to pull the files from git, there's another way to do this:

You can pull all the files from git to your existing Joomla installation. Or just copy the all the files into Joomla root folder. In Kunena backend there will be new option to run installer by hand.

More
12 years 6 months ago #8 by Randal
Yey.. I didn't know how to build installable package so I perform update on current 1.7 installation.. But now I know, I just need to use for it Ant. So this hint should give me everything what I need. I start to learn.

Ps. Do you perform git from command line or use some GUI for it? I guess you do.. so which is most simple to use for beginner? I need to share my own code and didn't know how to use this just for now.. ;|

More
12 years 6 months ago #9 by xillibit
We are using command-line tools for git, i think for people which doesn't use command line, it's not very easy. I haven't used GUI for git... But you have some docs here : help.github.com/

More
12 years 5 months ago #10 by Randal
So using commands is most simple way? No, I don't afraid to learn this way.. But there is a few different tutorials to make same thing.. Maybe you can aim me tutorial/instruction that mirror your daily way to do this job. OR other mathod that give me simple and fast results. I like do things simple and using GUI only when it's really faster I just want to share my templates and joomla distributions in most simple way for collaboration.

Github tell me to use this help.github.com/win-set-up-git/ . I should use this?

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds