Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question [Merged topic] Joomla 1.7 and implications for Kunena

More
12 years 8 months ago #61 by rich7424
Estacey2009,

By renaming, I mean me physically renaming it. By auto-ranaming it, I mean that joomla decided to rename it itself when I would press delete. Also if I would upload another installation folder it would automatically be renamed. Though after playing with this further, the renaming I have not been able to duplicate, so I am blaming that on my lousy prior host.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 8 months ago #62 by Soppa

xillibit wrote: Joomla! 1.6 is still supported until mid-august, so i hope that there will be a Joomla! 1.6.6 to fix that

7. SOLUTION

The development of Joomla! 1.6.x has been ceased; there will be no fixed version for 1.6.x.
Upgrade to Joomla! 1.7.0-stable or higher.
More
12 years 8 months ago #63 by deemo

xillibit wrote: Joomla! 1.6 is still supported until mid-august, so i hope that there will be a Joomla! 1.6.6 to fix that

There wont be, it's been stated officially that 1.7 is the next step and 1.6.5 is the last 1.6 increment
More
12 years 8 months ago #64 by dergy
If us Kunena drags nose with release of new version

On history i red to release new version a few days

But i dont know few days of which year.
Attachments:
More
12 years 8 months ago #65 by sozzled
Please see updated announcement posted at the top of the Index page here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiminimonka
More
12 years 8 months ago #66 by dergy
no comment but is very bad for all users and for YOUR IMAGE
You know whrn is Joomla 1.7.0 released, we could prepare for this already before.
More
12 years 8 months ago #67 by Jiminimonka

dergy wrote: no comment but is very bad for all users and for YOUR IMAGE
You know whrn is Joomla 1.7.0 released, we could prepare for this already before.

You should help with coding then, or perhaps you have paid $100000 to Kunena to do this so they owe you a fast update?

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #68 by sozzled

dergy wrote: no comment but is very bad for all users and for YOUR IMAGE

Your "no comment" is noted.

Plans for the release of K 1.6.5 were well-advanced when the project team was working on the J! 1.7 RC version. Last-minute changes by Joomla affected those plans and the project team has been wrestling with them. We're not going to get into a blame-game here but the simple fact is that these last-minute changes introduced in J! 1.7.0 by Joomla caught the project team by surprise.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 8 months ago #69 by Estacey2009
Oh, I think the Kunena image will remain intact, and the product that finally does arrive be up to the usual standards of the crew doing the work. The confusion caused might take awhile to blow over, but it will..

I wish I knew how to program in PHP, wish I knew more about SQL, and the varied and intricate workings of Kunena, I'd dive right in and help all I could..

And yes, I could use a little tact sometimes in dealing with people it would seem.. I do know that hard feelings develop and personalities rub when folk are in a crisis (take this current debt crisis America says it's in)..

The BOTTOM line here is, "If your site relies on it's forums, and you use Kunena.. Don't upgrade yet, not your production site anyway... If you follow that bit of advice, there is no 'crisis'. Keep your site at J1.6.6 (the latest announced upgrade to Joomla before 1.7) and fiddle with the new stuff in a local or spare site.. :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #70 by frold
I think the dev team should get more respect then some in this threat gives them.

Its a free component, its developed by people in there spare time. We should be happy but instead some are whining...

I gladly whine on JomSocial where I did pay for a unfinished component that first seems to be stable in version 2.2.4 and so buggy in version 2.2.0.

But here you have my fully:

Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by frold.
The following user(s) said Thank You: @quila, pbeleco
Time to create page: 0.499 seconds