Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Please Login or Register. Lost Password? - Issue with urls

More
14 years 2 months ago #1 by peta
Hi
I'm using Joomla 1.5.14, Kunena 1.5.9 and Community Builder 1.2.1.

I really like Kunena so far, just noticed a slight problem today.

In Kunena Configuration, Integration, Profile Settings I chose Community Builder.

I noticed that the Login, Register and Lost Password urls on the Kunena Forum are set to the ones for Joomla login / registration rather than the Community Builder ones. As the Joomla login module is disabled, clicking on these links gives a 403 error.

Another post on this forum led me to this file:

com_kunena/template/default/plugin/profilebox/profilebox.php

The code from line 100 is:

if ($fbConfig->fb_profile == 'cb')
{
$loginlink = CKunenaCBProfile::getLoginURL();
$logoutlink = CKunenaCBProfile::getLogoutURL();
$registerlink = CKunenaCBProfile::getRegisterURL();
$lostpasslink = CKunenaCBProfile::getLostPasswordURL();
}

I sent myself the value of $fbConfig->fb_profile in an email. The value was 'kunena' not 'cb'. If I change the above code to say "== 'kunena'" I get the correct (cb) urls for login, register etc on my forum.

My question is: is there some other setting I need to configure (other than Kunena Configuration, Integration, Profile Settings) ? or for some reason is that setting not saving correctly ?

Hope someone can help.
Thank you.
Peta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Peta, and welcome to the forum. Always good to see someone else who speaks the same language! ;)

I've encountered the same problem myself and I've worked around the problem slightly differently. I'm sure that there is a decent solution but, as far as I'm concerned, I take a different view of things.

Yes, it's theoretically possible to "integrate" CB with Kunena, that is to use the CB profiles instead of the Kunena ones. However, in my opinion, I think you're missing out on the extras included with Kunena profiles ... within the forum context, I mean.

Community Builder is "great" in terms of collecting, under a single umbrella, the various contributions that your users make to your website. The CB user profile view allows your users to see what forum messages they've posted, their "forum subscribed topics", the data they entered when they registered, pictures, or whatever other extension you've got CB plugins for. From people-centric viewpoint that's quite reasonable.

Kunena is a forum component with it's own protocols and user management facilities. Some of the user details in CB profile is shared with Kunena. Kunena, on the other hand, does not share everything with CB. Therefore, the choice that I made was to abandon the CB profile with Kunena, because CB gave me nothing I could use in Kunena except for the CB avatars. Does this roundabout explanation make sense? :unsure:

While you are digesting these thoughts, I will look for other discussion topics that may be more on-topic to your problem. Cheers :)

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
These discussions may be helpful to you (or not): If the Kunena integration worked as it should there would not be so many users working around these "profilebox issues" it or requesting information about how to remove the Registration, Login and Lost Password links.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds