Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Error 500 after installation

More
14 years 2 months ago #1 by roeroelectric
I have installed the latest release of Kunena, but when I open the extension from the admin panel appears error 500.
What is the problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2 by roeroelectric
I have discovered that the problem is due to the integration with jomsocial, activating this function kunena does n't work.
I have Jomsocial 1.6, latest and recent version.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

If you using a sef components, do you tried to disable it ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
This may or may not be helpful to this discussion. HTTP 500 errors are quite hard to diagnose but, in the last two weeks, when people have had HTTP 500 errors after installing Kunena, their problems went away after they did installed it again (the second time, successfully). :unsure:

But, as roeroelectric write, maybe the problem has to do with JomSocial?

More
14 years 2 months ago #5 by dcasmr
I am experiencing the same thing. Prior to Jomsocial 1.6, I was not having an issue.
So, I believe that it has to do the integration...

More
14 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
So, are you saying that JomSocial 1.6 worked with a previous release of Kunena and it was the Kunena upgrade that made a mess of things? Or are you saying that everything was working fine until you upgraded to JomSocial 1.6?

More
14 years 2 months ago #7 by roeroelectric
I have this problem in the admin panel, with the integration with jomsocial the admin menu is not accessible and appears the error 500, in front-end kunena works properly.

On the site there is installed Jomsocial and Sh404 latest versions.

More
14 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
roeroelectric wrote:

I have this problem in the admin panel, with the integration with jomsocial the admin menu is not accessible and appears the error 500, in front-end kunena works properly.

On the site there is installed Jomsocial and Sh404 latest versions.

Thank you for your reply. Although I do not have any kind of definite answer, I am still trying to determine what has caused your problems.

I understand that your problems only occur when you attempt to use the Kunena administration panel on your website. What I would like to know is this: when did this problem start? Did the HTTP 500 error (in trying to access the Kunena administration panel) start when you upgraded to JomSocial 1.6, while you had K 1.5.8 already installed? Or did your problem start when you upgraded to K 1.5.8 while you already had JomSocial 1.6 installed?

Thank you for adding that you have installed sh504SEF. No doubt you are already aware that sh504SEF has been, in the past, directly responsible for cause numerous problems in running Kunena ... but this is the first time I have heard that it could also be involved in causing problems at the backend. Even so, if you disable sh504SEF does this eliminate the HTTP 500 errors on your site?

More
14 years 2 months ago #9 by dcasmr
Hello,

Thanks for your taking the time to help. For me, it happened after I upgraded to Jomsocial 1.6. I am currebtly running their latest version1.6 285 and it is same prob.
When you click on kunena in admin panel, the error is produced.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #10 by sozzled
dcasmr wrote:

For me, it happened after I upgraded to Jomsocial 1.6. I am currebtly running their latest version1.6 285 and it is same prob.
When you click on kunena in admin panel, the error is produced.

In that case I would say that responsibility for fixing the problem lies with JomSocial and not with Kunena. I am moving this discussion from Kunena Support to Kunena User Contributions and Third-Party Options » Extensions, Modules, and Plugins » JomSocial .
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.550 seconds