Kunena 5.1.18 Released (30 Jun 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.18 [K 5.1.18] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question sh404sef Plugin for Kunena 1.5.3

More
11 years 1 month ago #1 by koraykupe
I can't find sh404sef plugin for Kunena 1.5.3.

Links are category01/messageXX.html with sh404sef after i upgraded 1.0.10 to 1.5.3.

Is there any sh404sef ext. compatiable with Kunena 1.5.3?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #2 by Matias
There are some changes in Kunena 1.5.3 which breaks all existing SEF components. It should be fairly easy to fix for someone who knows the component.

More
11 years 1 month ago #3 by fxstein
FYI - We strongly recommend you take a look at the Joomla 1.5 internal SEF support. It is native, does not create the performance impact many of the SEF 3rd party solutions come with.

We are running it here live on the site. URLs are nice and performance is tops.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #4 by igan
yeah, i really need plugin sh404sef for kunena 1.5.3..

However i renamed the com_fireboard in /components/com_sh404sef/sef_ext to com_kunena.php and put empty file named com_kunena.php to /components/com_sh404sef/meta_ext. It works so far, but i don;t know if there will an error in the future. But this method ruin the meta keyword and description. I don't know how to fix this.

Also this method will display only half content when we go to the sub forum :blush:
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by igan.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5 by kwally
fxstein wrote:

FYI - We strongly recommend you take a look at the Joomla 1.5 internal SEF support.

Is it possible to switch off SH404SEF just for Kunena? (I need SH404SEF for the rest of the website).
With "Joomla 1.5 internal SEF support" you mean the two radio buttons in the global configuration? Icannot find more. Google does not know this phrase.

Thanks
Klaus

More
11 years 1 month ago #6 by koraykupe
sh404SEF Configuration / By Component
Select "skip" for kunena but it doesnt be internal sef, it will be no sef

More
11 years 1 month ago #7 by kwally
Thanks koraykupe for the hint.

I selected "skip", I puirged the whole cached URLs in SH404SEf
I deleted the Joomla-Cache
In teh Global configuration, I set all 3
    Search Engine Friendly URLs
    Use Apache mod_rewrite
    Add suffix to URLs
to YES.

The URL of teh Kunena-message remain in the cryptic notation like
. . /index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=159&func=view&catid=5&id=6

Anything else, where I can switch something?

-Klaus

More
11 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
The following image summarises the SEO settings that I would recommend you try:

Don't forget your .htaccess file. :)

More
11 years 1 month ago #9 by Joachim
I have the joomla internal settings like you described above, and changed the name to .htaccess, but kunena doesn't habe sef url on my website bigfishbuilder.com :( Is there anything else I need to do to get internal sef to work on kunena?

I tried a sh404sef plugin for kunena, but with that plugin there were a problem with the profile url so it dint work.

More
11 years 1 month ago #10 by sozzled
Joachim wrote:

I have the Joomla internal settings like you described above, and changed the name to .htaccess, but Kunena doesn't have SEF URL on my website bigfishbuilder.com :( Is there anything else I need to do to get internal SEF to work on Kunena/

Let me ask you another question. When you change the SEO settings as described above, does this affect the URLs of your other Joomla components/pages?

There's a whole category dedicated to SEO problems at the Joomla help site. You might find it worth your while paying it a visit: Joomla SEO help :)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds