Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Hide Images and Attachments for guests..

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #1 by roland76
Hello,

I made a new hack...

You have two new options in your backend-configuration-Uploads:
  • Show images for guests
  • Show attachments for guests
If you set it to no, guests don't can see images and/or attachments, just a text like "This image is hidden for guests. Please login or register to see it."

The package contains the following files for 1.0.8:
  • admin.kunena.html.php
  • admin.kunena.php
  • kunena.english.php
  • kunena.config.class.php
  • kunena.parser.php

Please try it first on a testside! Backup your database and files bevor update!

And then just overide:

File Attachment:

File Name: Kunene___H...uest.zip
File Size:73 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by roland76.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #2 by kingbt
Hi, any idea how to make remote images (from external hosts) to be viewable only for registered, and self hosted (uploaded on my site) to everyone?
Why?
Because you could get trafic (from google) from YOUR images(self hosted), and remote images get no credit from google(are not indexed).
Thanks

Nasul is my site.

More
15 years 1 month ago #3 by Eric
Thanks roland76,

This hacks works like a charm :laugh:
Good work!

Cheers,
Eric

More
15 years 1 month ago #4 by roland76
kingbt wrote:

Hi, any idea how to make remote images (from external hosts) to be viewable only for registered, and self hosted (uploaded on my site) to everyone?
Why?
Because you could get trafic (from google) from YOUR images(self hosted), and remote images get no credit from google(are not indexed).
Thanks

Hello kingbt,

how do you include the remote image in your post? Via link by hand?

More
15 years 1 month ago #5 by kingbt
By remote image I wanted to say images from photo hosting services like photobuket, picasa etc
If a user posts (uses in a post) a image from my site then the image should be seen by everybody (and google), and if the image is from photobucket or another site it should by visible only for registered.
I think there is no easy solution for this but it would be great option.

I think we need a plugin sistem for kunena because there are many hacks that could be plugins.

Nasul is my site.

More
15 years 1 month ago #6 by woonydanny
hi roland,
could you please get intouch with devs so your work can get included in their releases

:)

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
15 years 1 month ago #7 by roland76
Hello devs,

is it possible to include this in on of the next releases? ;)

More
15 years 1 month ago #8 by johnnydement
it may be possible but not for the 1.0 branch, nothing else will be added to it, just service releases if needed.

But I hope you keep updating it for future releases, and will see how we add it for next branches...

Maybe you would be interested in joining the team? we don't have enought hands to give love to these small things :)

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #9 by kuato
What about links ? , could you add the links option to your hack? :P

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #10 by roland76
You mean an option in backend to set links only viewable for registered users?

Time to create page: 0.721 seconds