Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Kunena CustomLogin Module

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by loki34829388
Hey Guys :blink:

this is still rather beta but has full functionality!!:woohoo: :woohoo: at least in my tests :pinch: - try it out and let me know. Also feel free to look at the code!:evil: :evil::whistle: :evil:

File Attachment:

File Name: mod_customlogin.zip
File Size:7 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by @quila.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by emanuelr
Thanks a lot loki!

Basically it works, though I only tested if for a few minutes.

The links are working, but the link to Latest Discussions doesn't highlight the menu tab and also doesn't recognized by the breadcrumbs.

Also, I wonder if we can add the Kunena registration, instead of the regular Joomla form, so in one step we can allow the user to upload an avatar and set the rest of the account parameters.

I'll dive later to your costumed code and see what can we do.

Meanwhile - we are in a much better position :laugh:
Thanks!

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #3 by loki34829388
Here is updated module for register links.

Params now has option to choose wich frontend link integration to use (which is defaulted to kunena). Joomla's native forms or link to whatever Kunena's integration finds. (my setup appears to be Community builder tho if oyu dont have it i can assume it would use kunena's built in register forms if it has any as it is using the kunena api when it is selected)

going to look into the breadcrumbs later.
thanx guys!

also I hope you guys appreciate the extras i put into it like CSS and personal links!

File Attachment:

File Name: mod_custom...0-16.zip
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by loki34829388.

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by emanuelr
Hi Loki,

The personal links and the CSS options are highly appreciated!

Somehow, the links to any menu item worked fine, except for the link to Kunena forum... I don't really need it, but it is interesting. If I choose the top level Forum menu item in the kunena_menu, then it works fine.

I couldn't get results from the CSS option yet, but I'll play with it more later (maybe you can give a hint? For example, if I want to modify the links of .login_frontlinks, should I write something like .login_frontlinks a{color:#ccc}, or just the a tag?) By the way, none of the options worked for me.

The main issue with the new version, is that if I choose Kunena as the front links integration, I loose the links (forgot pass, username and registration)...

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by loki34829388
CSS wise for each predefined class type you can just type in the values you want to modify and what you want them to be so just pretend i made the .login_frontlinks{}; for you and you add the content ie - color:red; width:75%; - and so forth.
if you want to target a custom or child element use the custom field box and type it in fully custombox -> would get - .login_frontlinks a{color:#ccc;} - and so forth.

I'm going to look at the front links case switch for you and see if there is a reason it doesnt work. It works on my end :( did the Kunena Login 1.6 rc2 work for you? as I just used their code and wrapped it with a case switch.

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by loki34829388
link wise thats intersting I am not having issues with any of the links. are these redirect or personal links?

also if your trying to target your frontlinks specifically try this for css
in the custom css field enter -

.login_frontlinks ul li a{color:#ccc}

- this should target the unordered list and the child items 'a' tags.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by emanuelr
OK. got the CSS thing. Wise!

The Kunena login module (1.6rc2) doesn't work at all. I don't get the links, and the login doesn't work. Also, the redirect after clicking the login gives me a 404 error. If I login using Joomla's login menu item, when loging out - again I get the 404 error and stay logged in.

With your integration of Joomla login module and Kunena, everything works fine, except for the links which are missing.
I thought that it might be a language problem (I'm using Hebrew, right to left), but switching to en-GB didn't help.

As for the personal links after logging in, the dorpdown inputs let me choose from any of my defined menus. In my main menu - I have a link to Kunena Forum. This doesn't work. But if I choose the top level of the Kunena_menu (which is installed by Kunena), then it works.
The rest of the menu items (usually to an article, category, contact) work fine.

Thanks for investing time in it and sharing the code. You are really fast and creative!

Emanuel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: loki34829388

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #8 by loki34829388
sounds like a CSS or permissions issue.

the only reason i can think of that a link won't work is that it isn't published or the user doesnt have permissions to see it - ie 404 error.

i would start with checking to ensure the links in your menu systems are publishd and live. What i would do if you like for organisations sake just create a new menu that isn't in a position on your template. but is published that is specific for links you would like to have in the module. Then you can reference to them in the module and you don't have to edit any preset menu conditions you have made.

So you'll basically have a custom menu that is only for the module. and you can set your on permision levels for the individual link nodes. This will allow for stricter control of what your login is accessing for links.

*** for the front end links not showing up *****

First thing tho is check your generated html source code from a live page with the module and see if they are even loaded at all - yo ucan findthem by searching for the div with .login_frontlinks class.

other things to try are if this is a local setup just removing the Kunena component and clearing the browser and joomla caches to ensure something isn;t hanging up the code then reinstalling.

I know it's hell. I have noticed sometimes something gets buggered in the backend and a reinstall seems to clear things up if there were conflicts with previous installs.

The only reason i can think of that the forgot pass/username and register links dont show would be that CKunena api isnt registering properly so the links aren't coming up. IF the avatar is n0t showing in kunena Avatar mode then it would definately appear that something is going wrong in the kunena api as they are pulled through kunena calls that were used in the kunena login module. In CB mode I use calls from Klogin 1.5.3 that had all three integrations. but kunena didn't work as they appear to have restructured the api for better compliancy thus i changed it out with the updated scripts from Kunena L-module 1.6 rc2.

(wow alot of typing imagine if i was talking)
:side:

Do you have firefox? firephp? firebug?

also other points then to speed this up for you

IRC? MSN?

I'm on msn - PM me for deets

and avail almost always.

More
13 years 6 months ago #9 by loki34829388
Also joomlas native Mod_BreadCrumbs works fine for me so It is starting to sound like youre having problems with your setup...

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #10 by loki34829388

loki34829388 wrote: Here is updated module for register links.

Params now has option to choose wich frontend link integration to use (which is defaulted to kunena). Joomla's native forms or link to whatever Kunena's integration finds. (my setup appears to be Community builder tho if oyu dont have it i can assume it would use kunena's built in register forms if it has any as it is using the kunena api when it is selected)
thanx guys!

also I hope you guys appreciate the extras i put into it like CSS and personal links!

File Attachment:

File Name: mod_custom...0-16.zip

Any feedback is is appreciated!:dry: - extra features:woohoo: , problems:S , and so forth:whistle: would be good:evil: . Enjoy the mod B)

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds