Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Kunena latest posts module - BACKPORTED FOR JOOMLA 1.0

More
15 years 2 months ago #31 by Kiwidad
This may be a stupid suggestion, but:

I am running fireboard in parallel until I am sure everything is working.
I have J1.015
Posts appear in both Kunena and Fireboard, so....

If I link to Kunena, and have a hidden menu for Fireboard, then my fblatest will still work, because fireboard is being updated.

Does no harm if my members click on the link and go to Fireboard, because anything they post is ported to Kunena anyway.

Is there a flaw in my logic
The topic has been locked.
More
15 years 2 months ago #32 by Baze
This is J1.5? :S
anyone has 1.0 version??
More
15 years 2 months ago #33 by ugur
More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #34 by gruppy
Hi !

Same question with me: is there no kunena_latest module for joomla 1.0.xx series? This seriously keeps me from migrating form fireboard to kunema. Please consider that a huge number of sites isn't running running jommla 1.5.x. as fas as I gather we don't even have a kunena version that's running on jommla 1.5.x natively, right?;)

Best!

was_nun
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by gruppy.
More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #35 by woonydanny
Well it would be time to migrate from J1.0 to J1.5 now as the end life of J1.0 is drawing near.

Simply run J1.5 in legacy mode and then you can run Kunena 1.08 and Jerry's Latest Posts module happily together :)

No there isnt a J1.5 native Kunena component yet, but now K1.08 has been released (that was fixing all the existing Fireboard bugs) they can get onto moving the development of Kunena forward and that includes better performance and J1.5 nativity.

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by woonydanny.
More
15 years 1 month ago #36 by Baze
Well migration is not an option for me at the moment...anyway, this component initially is published as J1.0 component, so it's logical to expect modules for 1.0 version, isn't it?
More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #37 by gruppy
Hi ya

Just having a deja-vu here.

I don't think that it's time to migrate right now just because the support stops. And I think that this is a poor thesis. Actually I haven't seen much support for months now for joomla 1.0XX except for serious security fixes which means it is stable. All you hear is: you need to make the move. Some component authors even decide to delete their latest versions for joomla 1.0xx from joomlaforge at random which to me is a poor try to force people to jommla 1.5xx. How childish. :side:

No I don't have to. I can stay with my old versions that work well: why change a running system? Especially when you've got a huge site with LOADS of components and modules and bots one should consider a longer wait period until the worst bug phase is over and move later. And I think that that isn't over by summer 2009, seriously. I expect my migration to happen mucho later. Call me a coward.

I'm not talking about your usual website that consists of a few pages and a tad of nice to have gadgets. Done a migration/upgrade with my thing two and a half years ago (1.5 years AFTER the last joomla "you have to migrate step") I was a lucky bugger but it took two weeks of testing and upgrading. I got my experiences with joomla its basic framework changes every three years or something and I am grateful for all, but I'm also cautious and aware of problems. I've been using this system for 6 years now (I think it was called mambo back then and the forum software used to be simpleboard) and my site survived all changes without serious glitches, but that wasn't due to "jump on that wagon as soon as it starts". I am very happy to have joomla and such a big and active community that tries to help each other.

That's why - Again: currently Kunena is a joomla 1.0xxx component - for the time being the lack of modules and integrations for a joomla 1.0xxx site keep me from migrating to kunena - thus I have to remain on Fireboard. Not that it's worth anything, but I don't have a choice here.

Stepping off my joomla 1.0.xxx user soapbox - just my 2 cents. Don't make it too easy for yourself - I'm not doing it neither and I guess a lot of "legacy users" aren't taking things that leave out their system smoothly. ;)

Best!

was_nun
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by gruppy.
More
15 years 1 month ago #38 by jbh142
Sinply put I may have to revert back to FB 1.0.5 if there is not. Or look at going with Agora. I am sure there are 100's of users that could upgrade to Kunena if we have a joomla 1.0 version of kunena latest.
More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #39 by Oscarfishlover
Well this is very strange. On a couple of my other forums, I made the changes that Onki suggested but it didn't work. However, on the latest site I have just upgraded, I made the changes to the module and it works just fine now. I'm wondering if it's the way I went about making the changes. On the other two sites where it didn't work, I deleted the "com_Fire board" and pasted in com_Kunena. This time, I just deleted fireboard and typed in Kunena without actually deleting the words. I don't see why that should make any difference but it did:woohoo: one happy bunny

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by Oscarfishlover.
More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #40 by Matias
Kunena core developers do not have the time (we are already sleeping less than 6 hours every night) to migrate 3rd party modules, so this one depends on the normal users.

If there is an existing module out there, it's really easy to get it working in Kunena.

Most of the internal changes between FB and Kunena can be found in the end of this wiki page:
docs.kunena.com/index.php/Kunena_1.0.8_Read_Me
Search and replace those should do the trick..

Any volunteers? B)
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by Matias.
Time to create page: 0.639 seconds