Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question [Merged topic] KunenaDiscuss plugin for K 1.5.x

More
14 years 1 month ago #341 by AKyHuH
I'm from Russia too :) Therefore, I think you understood me, if I told you in Russian :)

Это проблема не с русским языком и тем более не в utf8, это проблема с спецсимволами, которые плагин заменяет на их html сущности. Надеюсь, я понятно выразился :) если можно, киньте ссылку на сайт, где можно увидеть как это выгдядит у вас.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #342 by MB_ZA
Hi,

I have installed the Kunena Discuss Bot to my site and would like to know how can I link articles to Forums and not Categories.

To explain more detail,

My Kunena has been setup as Categories --> Forums --> Actual discussion threads within a forum. When I click on the "discuss this artile" in my Joomla, I want the user to end up in the actual forum. Is this possible and if so how?

Thanx
MB
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #343 by Matias
Categories = Forums. Just make sure that you do not link Discussbot to Sections (1st level categories).

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #344 by TheSoMeEx
AKyHuH, Thank you for the MyBlog fix... it didn't work on my site. Do you have any suggestions?

www.365daysofstyle.com/blog/heatherc/find-your-perfect-style

Thank you!

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #345 by David
Does anyone know how to have comments be hidden in a little collapsed menu instead of showing up automatically on every post?

Like a "view comments" button on the pages? Instead of having them just be there..?
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by David.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #346 by MB_ZA
Hi,

For the sake of clarity:

In Kunena I have a Category and a Forum and then the actual discussion topic, i.e.

Category
...Forum
......Actual Topics/Discussions/Threads

e.g.

General (Category)
...How to bake a cake (Forum)
......Baking a Sponge Cake (Topic/Thread)
......Baking a Chocolate Cake (Topic/Thread)
etc.

In Joomla I have Sections and Categories and then the actual article, i.e.

Section
...Category
......Article

e.g.

General (Section)
...Cake Recipes (Category)
......Sponge Cake Recipe (Article)
......Chocolate Cake Recipe (Article)

etc.

When someone is viewing the article on Sponge Cake Recipe and they click on

"Discuss this item on the forums"

I want the user to be taken to:

General (Kunena Category)
...How to Bake A Cake (Kunena Forum)

and discuss the item under "Baking a Sponge Cake" (which will be a Topic/Thread)

So far I can link Kunena Category to Joomla Category only!

makes any sense? Any advice?
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by MB_ZA.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #347 by Matias
I have made a total rewrite based on discussbot to K1.6. I found it not useful to have manual override to forum -- so I changed it to be thread. Unfortunately new code does not work in K1.5 and is totally different from old one. :(

But the main idea is to interpret number in the tag as threadid and pass it to the next function. In there if thread is already defined, you just pass it without searching any mapping..

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #348 by Matias
I've just spent two days reading the whole code from Kunena Discuss and there were some serious bugs in it.

The worst bug is that it tries to be too smart and sometimes it replaces content from an existing post with new one from the plugin -- failing to add that new post. This only happens when two posts are made exactly at the same time, but I believe that it has happened in some forums.

Is the author of Kunena Discuss still around?

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #349 by woonydanny

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #350 by MB_ZA
Thanx for the feedback. So I assume I have to wait for K1.6 to achieve what I need to ...

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds