Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question bubbleRed template for K 1.5.9

More
14 years 2 months ago #1 by sozzled

For background for this topic, see K 1.5.3 - "Speech bubbles" for default_ex template .

I have created a red theme for the "speech bubble" template available for download from demo.enduring.com.au/downloads

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Odin Vegtamr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Alistair
Hi, when you have time can you please have a look at your website or any others using the bubblered_159 template to see if, with Internet Explorer only, the bubble affects the avatar? So that I'll know if it's a generic bug or just on my website. Thanks!

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #3 by sozzled
Thank you. We've had similar discussions in the past about the inconsistencies within various versions of Internet Explorer and their inability to handle most of the regularly used W3C conventions regarding CSS. I also recall someone informing me that my "bubble text" concept does not work with Opera . Yeah, well, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I have not detected any dissimilarity between IE8 and Firefox as far as the blue variant of my template is concerned. I would not imagine that the red variant would present any peculiar issues. The only differences between them are the colours and a couple of images.

The bubble doesn't affect the avatar image. Kunena 1.5.9 affects the avatar image and my template compensates for an issue in Kunena (see K 1.5.8 & K 1.5.9: Large CB avatar images ).
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4 by Alistair
Hi, I've read the Large CB avater images you mentioned but I'm not sure it's the same "problem" I'm facing, I'm attaching a snapshot so you can see what I was referring to where the bubble starts it overrides part of the avatar (only in IE).
Anothe issue is that (always in IE) the quick reply doesn't display correctly, it's all aligned on the right and users just can't write anything in it.
But if you have never had such issue then it must be my template or else (BTW, I'm using Kunena 1.5.9). Thanks
Attachments:

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #5 by sozzled
Alistair: this is the same problem and the topic I referred you to has the solution. The problem lies with the K 1.5.9 template (upon which my "bubble red" variation is based). I'm not fixing this problem for you. The "bubbleRed template for K 1.5.9" is basically the same as the normal K 1.5.9 default_ex template (with the "text bubble" feature added in). The problems you refer to only affect Community Builderusers. To fix your CB avatar display issues, see the link I posted in my last message.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6 by Alistair
Hi sozzled thanks, just to let you know that I don't have Community Builder. Happy Easter

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #7 by compassrose
Greetings...

I'm using your bubble red template, Sozzled. Very nice - made a little modification to a red/silver color scheme which works very nicely with the site I've built around a Joomla Bamboo template.

I've got K 1.5.12 installed along with uddeIM 2.0. (No CB, JS, or anything else and no Rocket Theme!) Darned if I can get the "Private Messages" link to show in the profile box as it does in this forum. (Screen shot attached) No documentation to speak of on Slabbi's site and I've searched forums here looking for info without success.

Kunena is configured with uddeIM as the private messaging system and I'm 99% sure that I've set up both components correctly. (It's the remaining 1% that's starting to worry me...)

Would appreciate your assistance if you're able to provide same. If I need to add code to display the link in the profile box, I'll have to uninstall uddeIM. I'm just an Joomla user, not a coder. <sigh>

TIA.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by compassrose.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
Thanks for your feedback about my red "speech bubble" template that I wrote for K 1.5.9. If I ever get the enthusiasm, I might update it (if not for K 1.5.x then, at least, for K 1.6). It's highly probable that the version you've used won't work properly with K 1.5.12 (see Compatibility with user-customised or third-party-developed Kunena templates for more explanation).

As far as your questions about integrating this template with uddeIM is concerned, the private messaging system is accessed from the user profile appearing on the right side of the messages. You access the PM function by clicking the glyph. You need to be logged-in to see that glyph/image/link. You also need to change a configuration setting to tell Kunena that you're using uddeIM. Does that explain things for you?

To put a PM link in the profilebox at the top of the Kunena page will require a code hack. [strike]There isn't a PM link in the top profilebox display area here, in this forum, at www.kunena.com .[/strike] I was wrong - there is! :blush:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9 by compassrose
Thank you for taking the time to explain that the Bubble Red template may not work correctly with the latest version of Kunena. I will bear that in mind as I proceed with site development.

I did notice the left menu position for uddeIM features. That's great to display in someone's profile, and as I stated in my first message, uddeIM is selected as the default PM system in the Kunena component as installed on my client's site.

What I'm looking to do is replicate the profile box (perhaps I'm using the wrong descriptor?) as displayed on forum.kunena.com:

This is very confusing. Are you telling me the Kunena forum template (which I assume is default_ex) has been hacked? Or is there a social networking component active on forum.kunena.com that's pulling in the Private Messages link? The link appears to be: www.kunena.com/component/community/inbox?func=listcat . So is it Community Builder that creates the link in the profile box?

If there's another category in which I should be posting these questions, please advise. Hate to bother you. Again, thank you for responding.

Cheers,

~ L
Attachments:

More
13 years 8 months ago #10 by Odin Vegtamr
Really nice work sozzled. I like it

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds