Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Important K 1.5 latest posts module - no longer supported or maintained. Do NOT use this with K 1.6!

More
13 years 8 months ago #451 by @quila
Hi fulcanworks and welcome to forum

unfortunatly seems that no more link to download this module. Developer of this module dont support any more users and seems that this module was not updated for latest k1.5 and we can see also that was removed from JED.

In few days will be released new Module for Kunena 1.6 developed and supported by Kunena Team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #452 by sozzled

fulcanworks wrote: Hi

I've searched google, JED, KED. Nothing.

I only get old legacy 'Latest Post modules' and the JED says the download has been removed because it has no GPL.

Any ideas where I can download it ?

Please see important messages (written in several places) but particularly what I wrote yesterday
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change to subject

More
13 years 8 months ago #453 by karimlo
Thank you guys. It was fixed. The symbols went away after replacing the php file in the module folder.

Great.

More
13 years 8 months ago #454 by 650
I think this is really dumb question but I try to find KunenaLatest_mod but cannot. Who can suggest me to find this?

Thanks

More
13 years 8 months ago #455 by sozzled

More
13 years 8 months ago #456 by eloshy
If I read right, Kunena is going to release an official module. Is there a date when this will be out?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #457 by sozzled
I think we need to be very clear about this subject. There are, in fact, two completely different topics occurring about this matter and let's just spend a moment clearing up the confusion.

This particular thread - which was created 18 months ago - was the contribution of a user (see the first message in this thread). Over that time many other users asked numerous questions, reported their problems, gave their support for or complained about the contribution that the user made to the Kunena project. Unfortunately that user has withdrawn his involvement in keeping his "product" up-to-date. So, on the one hand, you have something (that a lot of Kunena users found useful) that was designed, built and developed outside of the Kunena project.

On the other hand, the Kunena project team also sees that it's useful to the community to have a product that's able to be used with the Kunena forum product. But, when it came time to look at the user-contributed module, it was found that the software would not easily adapt to the future directions of the project. This means that the development team was placed in the difficult situation of trying to move the Kunena project forward taking into account the ongoing needs of the community to have a "latest posts" module.

The development team had to very difficult choice to make. Either to somehow doctor the "latest posts module" that was developed for a very old version of K 1.5 and somehow bring it up to speed to match the advances that had been made with K 1.5 in the meantime, or to abandon any attempts to change this software and look to the future which lies in K 1.6 and beyond.

This leaves users of K 1.5 in a vacuum. There is no K 1.5 "latest posts" module that they can get their hands on - the software was withdrawn from circulation a few weeks ago - and, while development work has not yet been completed on a version for K 1.6, there is also no version available for K 1.6 users, either.

As forum moderators, we also have the difficulty in assessing whether questions, that continue to be asked in this thread, relate to K 1.5 or K 1.6. This topic is about K 1.5 and, for me, it's rather a "dead issue". But we cannot simply close this topic and leave K 1.5 users wondering what is going to happen.

We really need a new discussion topic about a "latest posts module" for K 1.6 but because this module doesn't yet exist, it's not easy to have that discussion, either. For the time being, we can only repeat what we have said before: There will be a new "latest posts" module designed, developed and supported by the Kunena project team, specifically for K 1.6. There never was a "latest posts" module that was designed, developed, endorsed and supported by the Kunena project team for Kunena version 1.5 ... and there never will be.

For the time being, the only discussion that seems to meet the requirements to answer questions about what is happening with K 1.6 is Mod_KunenaLatest and K1.6 .

If people have a contribution to make about the "latest posts module" for K 1.5 then please continue to use this thread. If people have a contribution to make about its replacement for K 1.6, please use Mod_KunenaLatest and K1.6 .

I'm sorry about the length of this message that I have just written, but I believe we need to sort out the confusion and to ask users not to use this topic to ask questions about something completely different. Thank you :)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #458 by Sloger

650 wrote: I think this is really dumb question but I try to find KunenaLatest_mod but cannot. Who can suggest me to find this?

Thanks

Use this one:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...orum-extensions/7393

Works great with Joomla! 1.5, just don't forget to turn on the Legacy plugin in your Plugin manager.
Here is an example, just installed it:
www.becammodel.com
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Sloger.

More
13 years 7 months ago #459 by sozzled
Thank you for mentioning this product.

(1) Users will notice that the plugin requires Joomla to be run in legacy mode . Users should not avoid products that require the use of legacy mode.
(2) This product is not endorsed by the Kunena project.
(3) This product is incompatible with K 1.6

More
13 years 6 months ago #460 by sneaky
Replied by sneaky on topic Kunena Latest
hello, I installed the latest forum but, the mod: Kunena Latest dont work no more!
Someone already has an update ready for the new forum? or an update date...
Thanks for the comment!

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds