Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question How to Convert from IPB 3.1.2 to Kunena 1.6.3

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by lERO
Since I know it's quite a chanlenge.
I plan to do this in this way:
IPB 3.1.2 - Vbulletin 3.8.2 - PHPBB3 - FB 1.04 - Kunena

It'll be a long and terrible way......

I wonder if there's any better way to do this?

any advice would be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #2 by Smirnov
My God, what horror...
It has turned out? Tell.

More
12 years 9 months ago #3 by dewojcik
Folks,

I have done just this to meet a need on a much older site -> created sql scripts to do the job of moving from IPB 1.31 Final to modern Kunena. It may work with a few tweaks for IPB version 3.1.2 as well.

Here is the catch. I have all of the posts, users, and topics/categories moved. The data looks good and even shows up correctly under "My Topics" if I login as a user.

The only (hopefully) remaining issue I have is that when I click the subject line of any of the topics on the "My Topics" page, each link somehow gets redirected to the first posts of the first forum. The link looks correct if I hover over it, but after clicking it, it somehow gets redirected to this "first page".

I have tried wiping out and regenerating my Kunena Menu as suggested in other threads. I have also tried replacing the htaccess file with the original Joomla one. Still no dice.

Any ideas? If you guys can help me fix this I will gladly share my scripts for moving directly from IPB to Kunena.

Thanks,
Dan

More
12 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
I don't think this issue is related to the conversion. Have you looked at the FAQ page (see menu tab at the top of this page for the link)?

More
12 years 9 months ago #5 by dewojcik
Thanks for the reply. If you are talking about these steps from the FAQ, yes I already tried those based on info I found in another post

A simple solution can also be to use the trash-burn-build technique:
1. Trash all existing menus and menu items that relate to your Kunena forum
2. Ensure that you do not have a folder named /forum on your site.
3. Empty the menu trash.
4. Use the Create Menu feature in the Kunena control panel to restore your Kunena menu.
5. Make sure that you publish a link in your menu that calls the Kunena forum. Use the Alias Menu type to define that link (see Customised menus for more information)
6. Ensure that you have published a menu module for the kunenamenu template position.

I did not manually do step 5 though - it looks like the Create Menu Kunena button/function did that for me successfully. Any other thoughts are most welcome.

Thanks,
Dan

More
12 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
Yes, that's what I had in mind.

Further analysis of your problem could be made easier if you would like to post your K 1.6 configuration report.

As I wrote earlier, I don't think that your issue is connected with the conversion from IPB to Kunena but I could be wrong.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #7 by dewojcik
Again thank you - here is that report

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 24M

Joomla default template details : rt_zephyr_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.2 | creationdate: November 16, 2010

Kunena default template details : Integrity Pro Kunena 1.6 Template | author: TemplateKunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2011-01-24

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 2.0.4) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | My Kunena Forum Menu: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | My Kunena Forum Posts: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC1)

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by dewojcik.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
K 1.6.3 is not supported and the Kunena add-ons that you are using are, likewise, unsupported. K 1.6.4 fixed about 150+ issues and we recommend that you upgrade to that version as soon as possible. K 1.6 4 made all previous releases of Kunena obsolete.

Please read the information in the FAQ about editing your configuration report. Editing your configuration report is unnecessary unless you do not want the moderators here to be made aware of certain information. Information that you think may be unimportant (or irrelevant) to your circumstances is still information that may possibly assist us to help you to solve your problems.

Good luck. I think the upgrades will solve your problems. :)
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 9 months ago #9 by dewojcik
Thanks again - I will upgrade right away and report back the result

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #10 by dewojcik
The upgrade was successful - here is the new configuration report (unedited)

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 24M

Joomla default template details : rt_zephyr_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.2 | creationdate: November 16, 2010

Kunena default template details : Integrity Pro Kunena 1.6 Template | author: TemplateKunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2011-01-24

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.0.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.2 | My Kunena Forum Menu 1.6.2 | My Kunena Forum Posts 1.6.0-RC1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.2 | Kunena Search 1.6.2

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by dewojcik.

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds