Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Agora Migrator: Looking for Agora users who want to migrate their data to Kunena 1.6

More
12 years 9 months ago #31 by ayecapn
My migration seemed to go fine, but the first post in each thread is duplicated... :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #32 by ayecapn
dug deeper into the jos_kunena_messages table. This would be relatively easy to celan up if we could come up with some sort of SQL query to siolate the pairs of records that need to be cleaned up.

The duplication can be isolated to pairs of records based on exact values of TIME, USERID, and THREAD. The difference between the two is in ID. The values there are wildly different, and the larger of the two represents the duplicate post. If we can isolate those somehow we could blow them all away at once.

I'm going to dig into this further with my team tomorrow and see what we can come up with.

More
12 years 9 months ago #33 by GeoffM
I'm another fed up user of Agora and Kunena seems the way to go. However, I can't get the convertor posted elsewhere to work. It starts to import Agora data and then complains it can't find a user table. However, it does say it needs Kunena 1.5, not 1.6, and the only version of 1.5 I can see is 1.5.14 which fails to install. Somebody here suggested 1.5.13 but I can't find that one, probably because it's not supported.

My forum has 2600 users, 1817 topics, and 12109 posts. Many have attachments (mostly pictures) that I'd like to keep. Not quite so bothered about avatars and user information.

IMHO, though a convertor may not be your core business, I think it's a very important method of attracting new users. With a seamless convertor I am very tempted to try Kunena; without it I definitely wouldn't bother.

Hopefully I can have something that works for me! :cheer:

More
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #35 by sozzled

GeoffM wrote: IMHO, though a convertor may not be your core business, I think it's a very important method of attracting new users. With a seamless convertor I am very tempted to try Kunena; without it I definitely wouldn't bother.

I feel that a converter should be part of the core business for the Kunena project. Indeed, I wrote an article on this subject yesterday (see I want to migrate my forum to Kunena ... ).

The difficulty at the present time is a competition for resources - time, people and money - and this is something that we are wrestling with. Perhaps my article may help put these questions into some reasonable perspective for you. :)
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 9 months ago #36 by GeoffM

sozzled wrote:

GeoffM wrote: IMHO, though a convertor may not be your core business, I think it's a very important method of attracting new users. With a seamless convertor I am very tempted to try Kunena; without it I definitely wouldn't bother.

I feel that a converter should be part of the core business for the Kunena project. Indeed, I wrote an article on this subject yesterday (see I want to migrate my forum to Kunena ... ).

The difficulty at the present time is a competition for resources - time, people and money - and this is something that we are wrestling with. Perhaps my article may help put these questions into some reasonable perspective for you. :)

The first sentence in this thread said it wasn't a core part, hence my comment! Although that was some time ago and before Agora went commercial (which was about 2 days after I gave a donation :( ).

Resources, yeah. I write some free, niche software which is pretty popular in the UK at least, yet my "customers" demand more and more (for free, of course), and my wife will probably leave me soon... :laugh: oops, wrong smiley.

Hmm, multi quote would be useful (runs away)

More
12 years 9 months ago #37 by GeoffM

Matias wrote: You can find 1.5.13 from here:
joomlacode.org/gf/project/kunena/frs/?ac...iew&release_id=13111

Excellent, I shall give that a try. Thanks.

More
12 years 9 months ago #38 by Dataguru
I just upgraded a joomla install to 1.6 and plan to switch from agora to Kunena, however I don't see the converter anywhere. Is it possible to get a copy?

Thanks,
Betty

More
12 years 9 months ago #39 by Dataguru

More
12 years 4 months ago #40 by Symbiot
Hi

What's the latest word on the converter...
can a 100% conversion be done.. ?

what I mean is... Images... soooo important.. will links to images be converted/moved over?

Ill thouroughly read this thread but for now.. can someone post a conversion update...

did it work properly for YOU?

Kindest,

Martin

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds