Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Agora Migrator: Looking for Agora users who want to migrate their data to Kunena 1.6

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by fxstein
We have been developing a migration framework component for a while now, but have never really put much time or effort into it, as migrations between forums are really not our core business. We want to build and maintain a good forum/discussion/community communication engine and we focus on that a lot.

With Kunena 1.6.1 and 1.5.13 about to roll, new versions of our plugins and modules ready for delivery and the recent events around the Agora Open Source community - that has been cutoff by a poorly executed transition to a fully commercial only product - we are accelerating our development and testing for this data migration component.

We have a preliminary version of an Agora converter (other like SMF, phpBB, ccBoard ... too) and we are looking for site admins that would want to work with us directly in converting their Agora forums, all the categories, forums, messages, images and attachments to Kunena 1.6+.

If you run an existing Agora forum with at least a few thousand messages and users, we would welcome you to join in and test our migration component. We can provide a sandbox if needed to test the migration and not impact your production sites. Once you are satisfied, the migration could be performed on the live production site and the tested migrator will get released to the entire Kunena community.

So if you are looking for a way out, are willing to work with us, we would welcome your help in maturing our data migration framework.

Please reply to this thread if you are interested.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: kaj41354, Gamer Templates

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by kaj41354
Talk about timing. I just started looking at Kunena to replace agora which I updated to 3.0.137 and then found out about the commercialization. I came on this website to find out if there was a converter. I only have 118 users and 1067 posts but would volunteer for use at any time. Thanks for the offer to the Agora community.

Kurt Johnston
President/Webmaster
Aquarium Club of Lancaster County

More
13 years 4 months ago #3 by snilloconator
I used the 1.5 to agora method then to 1.6 and seem to work well on two sites. However on one of the sites my Kenuna main component screen times out. But I can select any of the submenus in the back end for kenuna and they show up fine. Probably the wrong place to post this but I'm willing to put my two cents in.

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by fxstein

kaj41354 wrote: Talk about timing. I just started looking at Kunena to replace agora which I updated to 3.0.137 and then found out about the commercialization. I came on this website to find out if there was a converter. I only have 118 users and 1067 posts but would volunteer for use at any time. Thanks for the offer to the Agora community.

Would it be possible to the a backup (best Akeeba) of your site, that we can install on a sandbox (can give you access to that too). That way we can test the migration and run the two components sided by side for verification purposes. Once you like what you see, you can then apply the migrator to your live site.

If the backup (again Akeeba preferred) is possible, please reset the super admin password before the backup to something you can share with us (you can change it back right after the backup is complete). That way we can install the backup (restore) on a test server and take it from there.

Thx!

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #5 by kaj41354
Yes - I will do that this weekend. Thanks for your assistance - Please send me a PM to let me know what email to send it to

Kurt Johnston
President/Webmaster
Aquarium Club of Lancaster County
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by kaj41354. Reason: add on

More
13 years 4 months ago #6 by kathysites
We are also interested in helping with testing the migration tool. We have about 375 users and just shy of 3,000 posts.

More
13 years 4 months ago #7 by fxstein
I currently have one set of test data. We will work through that and once complete will reach out to additional testers for potentially more data.

Thanks a lot for all your offers and the data we did receive already!

More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by Romfrosk
Hi.

I'm a former user of Kunena 1.x which went to agora with one of my sites.
I really regret this and want to get my site back to kunena, especially cause the new commercial way agora works now, and the wast possibilities you deliver.

My site: nerdsofnorway.no

I got about 230 users, 2300 posts.
I can get you a akeeba backupfile if you're interested.

More
13 years 4 months ago #9 by C.A.M
Hello.

I have problems with the converter, you can take al look on the Errormessage on this post
www.kunena.org/forum/36-german/69938-feh...dung-migration-agora

I have a Forum with 1282 Users and 15376 posts.

We are also interested in helping with testing the migration tool.

Thx.

C.A.M .

More
13 years 4 months ago #10 by subtone
Hi

My masterplan is to migrate from ccboard to kunena. But as this migrator is still in the working, I managed to migrate from ccboard to agora (no, it was NOT a smooth transition), only to be able to now migrate from agora on to kunena.

Numbers: 2900 Posts / 900 Users / 1500 attached images

Will be glad to help testing...

sub

PS: Same applies to a ccboard migrator, I will keep the old ccboard data in any case.

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds