Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Kunena Login Module 1.6 R2

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by miamiman
THis module still needs work apparently...

1. Where do you control the translation of this module? It's not picking up from the component or Joomla settings?

2. The redirect on Log-in is not working? Is this a cache related issue?

3. The sizing of the avatar isn't working either?

Anyway - let us know! Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by jackdani82
Hi miamiman,

1. The module has its own language file (language/en_GB/mod_kunenalogin.ini)

2. The redirect causes problems if you use other login-modules at the same time for example

3. Same problems on my page. I use the Community Builder avatar and not the kunena avatar. Maybe there is still a problem.

Also waitig for answers from Kunena team.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by miamiman
Thanks jackdani,

1. Will do.
2. Yup - I have CB installed.
3. Ditto.

Hopefully future releases will improve this module.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by miamiman
I'm finding a few issues:

1. I can't modify avatar size.
2. When used in horizontal setup, other modules from same position superimpose themselves on the K-login module.

Any ideas?

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by loki34829388
i'm not sure if it helps you but to solve it for myself i simply did a string replace on the avatar link

$avatarlink = str_replace("max-width", "width", $avatarlink);
$avatarlink = str_replace("max-height", "height", $avatarlink);

after line 77 in function kunenaAvatar

so the function looks like this now

*** begin code

function kunenaAvatar($userid) {
$kunena_user = KunenaFactory::getUser ( ( int ) $userid );
$username = $kunena_user->getName(); // Takes care of realname vs username setting
$avatarlink = $kunena_user->getAvatarLink ( '', $this->params->get ( 'avatar_w' ), $this->params->get ( 'avatar_h' ) );

return CKunenaLink::GetProfileLink ( $userid, $avatarlink, $username );
}

*** end code

looks like it was building a link with a max-height max-width style and that didnt work so i replaced it after it was built before it was returned.

enjoy!

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by loki34829388
Also. forgot to note.

it is in class.php

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #7 by miamiman
Thanks just tried it, and yes, it resizes the avatar, but still not playing well with CB avatars.

It distorts the png/jpg resolution.:unsure:
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by miamiman.

More
13 years 5 months ago #8 by loki34829388
well it does change the css styling from a max-width max-height to a fixed width height. I' not sure what size your current avatar is but i can assume if it is smaller than the dimensions you are specifying in the module that it will stretch it to fill the dimensions and thus pixelate it. If it was larger than the dimensions then it should be fine.

in regards to CB avatars looking at the code I can assume it takes the avatar from kunena only as it is interacting with the Kunena API to grab the avatar string.

Good Luck!

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #9 by loki34829388
noticing redirect issues may be related to the post data being sent through the kunena component.
I dont really want to hack the component to make a redirect work so i'm rewriting the original joomla login component to have the extra features of avatar, profile link, custom link, custom css and so forth.

so far the login module kunena released is really clean code but it just doesnt seem to function.

the orginal joomla login module interacts with com_users instead as is called for by joomla. So it should be a little more compliant 'i hope' and since kunena doesnt seem to be having problems with it so far I think it would be a viable solution.

I hope to be done early next week if anyone wants me to post it just let me know! cheers.

BTW - I can't seem to find out why the resize patch doesnt work right all the way yet but hopefully it will turn up in a daze somewhere :) anyone figure it out let me know

EDIT - Little checking in my html output and it apears that kunena is grabbing the thumbnail version of avatars so smaller images are being resized can probably correct with a string replace or core hack. think i'll string replace.

EDIT2 - Here is code fore string replaces for fixed dimensions and remove Thumbnail reference

//Begin mod
$avatarlink = str_replace("/tn", "/", $avatarlink); //replace thumbnail reference hack
//end mod

Edit3 - More research CB ha a setting for making thumbnails a certain size you could change that to be a diff size and let your login module work as it did. Though it still would get the avatarLink fo the Thumbnail so not really the way it should be...
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by loki34829388. Reason: updates

More
13 years 5 months ago #10 by emanuelr
Please post the complete code when available... I believe this is the simplest approach.

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds