Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Bug K Login module just takes you to Joomla! login page.

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by drumcom
I've combed this forum and haven't found a solution to my Kunena Login Module problem which is that the login looks like it's logged you in but it takes you to the Joomla! login page. It's the same with other templates (I'm using Rockettheme).

Any suggestions?

We are not open for public registration yet so if anyone wants to see what I'm talking about, I will send temporary login info.

Thanks, Anne

Kunena Login Module ver 1.72
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 20M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_crystalline_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.7 | creationdate: November 25, 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.2 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.2 | Kunena Stats 1.6.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2 | Kunena Search 1.7.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Anne, and welcome to Kunena.

You need to upgrade a number of extensions used with Kunena: Kunena Stats, Kunena Latest modules and Kunena Search plugin. Go to the download page to obtain these things.

You have two menu items, both with the same alias name (= "forum") and this probably explains why the Kunena Login module does not know where to go after you login. Try restoring your Kunena menu by reading the advice in How do I restore my Kunena menu? .

It might also help to read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) especially if you have made any customised changes to your .htaccess file. Try using the standard Joomla .htaccess file (by renaming the file htaccess.txt to .htaccess).
The following user(s) said Thank You: drumcom

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by drumcom
Thanks so much, sozzled,

I updated all.

I changed one of the menu items to be a regular component link as opposed to an alias.

I'm already using the standard Joomla! .htaccess file. I'm pretty sure we haven't edited or customized it.

I restored the Kunena navigation menu.

The login is still not working. Any other suggestions?

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 20M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : rt_crystalline_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.7 | creationdate: November 25, 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.2 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Stats 1.7.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2 | Kunena Search 1.7.2

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration = Auto Detect

More
11 years 10 months ago #5 by drumcom
Hmmm... That did make a change in that the KLogin module no longer looks loggedin. It does, however, still result in the Joomla! login screen page.

I reinstalled the login module. Although there was no change in the KLogin module after trying to use it, when I logged in via our forum I noticed that the KLogin module changed to the loggedin state.

The mystery continues.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks again, Anne

Kunena menu details:

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.2 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Stats 1.7.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2 | Kunena Search 1.7.2

More
11 years 10 months ago #6 by drumcom
Hi, sozzled. Just wondering if you've had any more thoughts about this problem.

Thanks for all your effort,

Anne

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled
I'm just a Joomla user like you and so I don't pretend to know all there is to know about the Kunena Login. Basically, I just use things straight out-of-the-box and I don't change anything and it all seems to work. Problems start when people change things; that's when we have to put on our detective hats and search for clues.

I admit that I haven't thought more about your problem and I had hoped that someone more knowledgeable than me might have looked at this topic and said "A-ha! I know what's going on!" No-one has. We're still in this mystery together but I do have a nagging suspicion that there's advice I gave you earlier that you haven't fully understood or followed "to the letter".

I think this is important: your forum menu links look unusual to me. I have twice asked you to consider using a more "standard" approach to setting up your Joomla menu and you have not done so. What you have may work but I'd be willing to bet my last dollar that the problems are caused by your menu ... and not the Kunena Login module.

In searching for information about your problem, everything I've found seems to point to the way your Joomla menu is set up. But, of course, I could be quite wrong!

Perhaps we need more information; maybe a screenshot of the web form that results in people going to the "Joomla! login page" after they click "something". I'm trying to determine if this is a problem with the Kunena Login module or if related to the login form on the Kunena forum page. Maybe, because I'm having difficulty understanding the description and nature of the problem, that might be why no wonderful "login guru" has stepped forward, proclaimed "Eureka" and solved this issue for you? :unsure: I'm not trying to put the blame onto you or anyone. I'm just trying to work this out.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago #8 by drumcom
I'm not sure what you meant by saying I've changed things about the KLogin. I just filled in the fields, made the available choices, named it and put in a message. I haven't changed anything else that I know of.

I only see where you mentioned the menu type issue once unless you're counting your last post. Thanks for pointing out that I had two alias links, by the way. I though I had fixed them. At the moment, I have one of the three Kunena menu items (1 on the mainmenu, 1 on the usermenu and 1 on the Kunema menu) as a standard menu item linking to the component and the other 2 are the alias type. I'm trying to avoid the duplicate content issue. The KLogin still does not work.

Here's a shot of the J! login screen that appears after logging in via the KLogin module (labled "Admin Login.") You can also see that the module does not change to it's logged-in state.

I actually did think you were a moderator. And I appreciate the time you've already spent thinking about this. But, if you do have any more ideas, please let me know.

Anne

Kunena menu details:

Attachments:

More
11 years 10 months ago #9 by sozzled
There has been no change to your Joomla menu in the four config reports that you've submitted and I think your login problems are entirely the result of the way you've setup your Joomla menu. I have also sent you a PM.

More
11 years 10 months ago #10 by drumcom
Well, I don't know why but my login system is now working. I'm using the J! login module, not the K login module. Works to login to the forum as well as the site.

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds