Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena 1.6.2 Released!

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by fxstein

Introduction

The Kunena Team is excited to announce the release of Kunena 1.6.2. This is a maintenance release for Kunena 1.6 and all users are recommended to upgrade to Kunena 1.6.2 (backup and testing are strongly recommended!).

Since the stable release of Kunena 1.6, the Kunena team has been focused on fixing over 100 bugs; including fixing issues with CSS, router, API, HTML validation, and usability. Official Kunena modules and plug-ins have been updated as well as language translations.

Kunena 1.6 marks a major milestone for the Kunena Project. A long list of open source contributors have committed over 3,000 changes helping make Kunena the leading forum solution for both Joomla 1.5 and 1.6. A long list of new features, various optimizations, and code restructuring have resulted in the most advanced version of Kunena to date.

We continue to put a big emphasis on usability and ease of installation. The installer has been further enhanced to allow for multiple installation and upgrade options. It performs incremental steps to avoid timeouts on slower hosts. It automatically performs actions such as taking the forum offline during the installation or upgrade and re-enables it after completing the install.

Kunena now supports Joomla 1.6 style languages files that are backward compatible with Joomla 1.5. Multiple languages are included in the base install packages and more will be available soon. They can also be installed separately. Kunena 1.6 support multiple languages installed on a single system and, together with Joomla, allows users to select their preferred language.

Templates have now been separated from the underlying code, which allows for version-independent template development. Templates can embed various options that can be set via the included template manager (e.g. avatar position on left, right, top, or bottom in the new default template, Blue Eagle).

The Kunena Team is fully committed to Joomla 1.6 and beyond and a number of modules have been developed to lay the groundwork for future releases of Joomla.

Read more...

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Admata, hkymre, proterra, dirkovision
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by crystalm28
Replied by crystalm28 on topic Kunena 1.6.2 Released!
If I am running on 1.6.1, should I upgrade to the 1.6.2? Has 1.6.2 been tested? Thank you :).
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #3 by snilloconator
I don't think Kunena would release 1.6.2 without it being thoroughly tested!:)

I will be updating as soon as I backup my site! Nice work once again Kunena!
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by snilloconator.
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #4 by Hurr1c4n3
I found a bug in the new lightbox software.

When a filename of a photo contains spaces then the lightbox doesn't work. The screen becomes white and no picture is shown.

I tried to upload the same picture again and now it does work.

So it won't work with threats already posted with images in it with spaces in the filename.
When uploaded the same picture again in the new 1.6.2 version the spaces are gone and the lightbox works.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Hurr1c4n3.
More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by snilloconator
The upgrade went smooth for me! My popup is working fine other than it does not reflect my sites popup anymore. It's default white and I had a darker background. Working on getting this to be darker now.

Great work either way! Awesome work Kunena!!!
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #6 by miamiman
Replied by miamiman on topic Kunena 1.6.2 Released!
Congratulations on the new 1.6.2 release.

Unfortunately the above link to "Upgrade Instructions" is out of date.

It seems necessary for someone to review the upgrade instructions for the 1.6.# to 1.6.2 series.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by miamiman.
More
13 years 2 months ago #7 by madLyfe
Replied by madLyfe on topic Re: Kunena 1.6.2 Released!

snilloconator wrote: The upgrade went smooth for me! My popup is working fine other than it does not reflect my sites popup anymore. It's default white and I had a darker background. Working on getting this to be darker now.

snill, you going to update your theme?

word up!
More
13 years 2 months ago #8 by snilloconator
Yeah I will be working on it for 1.6.2! :)
More
13 years 2 months ago #9 by madLyfe
Replied by madLyfe on topic Re: Kunena 1.6.2 Released!
sweet thanks dood!

word up!
More
13 years 2 months ago #10 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Kunena 1.6.2 Released!

snilloconator wrote: The upgrade went smooth for me! My popup is working fine other than it does not reflect my sites popup anymore. It's default white and I had a darker background. Working on getting this to be darker now.

You can found here some datas for adapt the lightbox to black theme : iaian7.com/webcode/mediaboxAdvanced#installation

miamiman wrote: Congratulations on the new 1.6.2 release.

Unfortunately the above link to "Upgrade Instructions" is out of date.

It seems necessary for someone to review the upgrade instructions for the 1.6.# to 1.6.2 series.

Hello,

thanks for report, i will update it, the upgrade procedure form k1.6.x to k1.6.2, it's not complicated you nothing else to do that install k1.6.2 .

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dirkovision, miamiman
Time to create page: 0.417 seconds