Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Merged Kunena 2.0 "show and tell"

More
12 years 4 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1 by sozzled

The Kunena Team announces the immediate availability of Kunena 1.5.13. This is a security release and all users are recommended to upgrade.

Kunena 1.5.13 fixes various security issues found recently and minors bugs reported by users and moderators recent months as well.

For additional information see our documentation wiki: Click Here

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon
The following user(s) said Thank You: hkymre, drlovecat, aredman, rgblogs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by drlovecat

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by Matias
To do that you need to join Kunena testing group. Please go to people and pick the group. Translators should get access into it pretty easily.
The following user(s) said Thank You: drlovecat

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #4 by xillibit
From what i remember :

* Re-write to MVC backend and frontend
* Moderators can reset votes to a poll
* Users can manages his attachments in his profile
* Moderators can uun-thankyou
* Let users customize the spoiler image
* Option to hide Time to create page
* Gravatar integration
* Add new "terminal" type code tag
* bbcode map allow you to define zoom, to show controls and set type of map (roadmpa, satelite...)

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by xillibit.

More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by sozzled
We should also try to help other members of the community by writing about the differences in K 2.0 using the topic Kunena 2.0 "show and tell" . It's important for members of the community to learn more about the changes they can expect in K 2.0.

More
12 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled

More
12 years 3 months ago #7 by landed
Replied by landed on topic Kunena 2.0 "show and tell"
I would be interested to test the k2, is it available for download anywhere ?

More
12 years 3 months ago #8 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Re: Kunena 2.0 "show and tell"
see msg4.

regards 810

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #9 by sozzled
It would be nice to keep this on topic. I will answer the question about where people can now obtain Kunena 2.0 for download and/or testing.

All Kunena software that is available to the public is accessible from the Download page. If Kunena 2.0 is not available from that page then you can't download it. Until the Download page is updated with a link for people to obtain K 2.0 then the only way that people can obtain K 2.0 is to apply to become members of the Kunena testing team.

Membership of the Kunena Testers' Group is open to members of the community who are prepared to contribute to the project by testing and reporting back the results of their tests. Applications to join the group must be first approved. Applications are reviewed on their merit: if people simply want to obtain an advanced copy of K 2.0 just to snoop at it, but not make any effort to report back to the community what they've found, then they're wasting everyone's time. Membership of the testing team requires a certain level of experience, knowledge and commitment. If you have never used Kunena before then you don't have the experience; if you don't know how to properly look after a Joomla website then you don't have the knowledge. If you haven't written anything on the forum for the past month then you don't have the commitment.

If, however, you have the experience, the knowledge and the commitment to help the Kunena project then we welcome everyone who would like to join the Kunena Testers' Group . On the other hand, we expect that a publicly-available beta release of Kunena 2.0 will be available soon and people will be able to obtain a copy from the Download page.

I hope that answers this question and we can return to the subject which is about allowing other members of the project to talk about some of the new features of K 2.0.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChaosHead

More
12 years 3 months ago #10 by onki
Replied by onki on topic Re: Kunena 2.0 "show and tell"
Hi

If I take a look at the feature comparison table the biggest improvement to me is the (native?) Joomla ACL support. That means I can assign write access to different users in different categories.
This is very important to me because I want to have one category completely open for unregistered users, other categories for public reading but registered writing and maybe a specific private area for a limited amount of users.
Will the look and feel be different from 1.7 or are the major changes in the code rather than in the frontend?

I am really looking forward to it. Thanks in advance for your efforts in making Kunena a great Joomla forum extension.

Best regards and thanks again

Onki

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds