Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Kunena Latest -> No messages to display

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by oschikhof
Hi Everybody, I upgraded to the last Kunena version, download the module (RC2) for latest post and installed it. Configured the module, but no matter what I do...it never shows posts :(

In the top where the categories are shown, I have tried with only the top choice (empty) selected, tried also with just some categories..but result is still 0..

Any one an idea what I am doing wrong? I have tried almost all options...nothing happens..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by nimda79
I am on the same boat here...don't know what's wrong...

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by zevious
Have you tried posting something and then checking to see if it shows up?

The kunenalatest mod, I think, has changed so that instead of displaying the latest posts, it seems to have some sort of limit for how far back the posts it will display. So when I posted something in my dev site, that showed up, but none of my old posts did since they were a month old. Either that or this is some sort of migration issue with the database so that the old posts don't have some needed information, not sure.

The module display I don't like either, trying to figure out how to change it so it looks the way it used to :p

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by oschikhof
Right....tried your advise and indeed...now an item shows up...
But now...next step, how do I get the "old" message also there..

If anyone already knows..please say so :-)

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by nimda79
I still don't have any new topics showing up... don't know if I am doing something wrong but it appears to not work anymore.

More
13 years 3 months ago #6 by andy bonner
I have Kunena 1.6.2 and the latest version of 'Kunena Latest' module downloaded and installed today... I have found that the module only shows posts if it's placed on a Kunena specific page... If I try and put it on a non-Kunena page of my site (eg another component or an article view) then it fails to pick up any posts.....

Is this a known and general bug? Obviously I want it to work on non-forum pages in order to drive traffic to the forums!!!.......

More
13 years 3 months ago #7 by yuzef
The module is work fine, that just you see it as loged user, try to post some new topic, and log-out from you joomla site, and see the kunena latest module there must be latest topic.

you see.. that module is configured : Since your last visit.

Love Simplicty
read...... and learn........

My Joomla Test Site

More
13 years 3 months ago #8 by andy bonner
Hi Yuzef - Thanks for trying to assist but there is something wrong.... I have just 1 single version of the moudle set to appear on...

a) A Kunena Forum page
b) An standard Joomla article View page

When I look at the Kunena Forum page, the module works perfectly - but if I go to the Article View page it says 'No posts' (not the exact words but something like that - it has nothing to display)

My Joomla is up to date (well, for 1.5 anyway! It's 1.5.22) and my Kunena is 1.6.2 as is the Module.... I use RocketTheme's December template (paradox)

More
13 years 3 months ago #9 by andy bonner
This is driving me nuts! Every other aspect of Kunena is working fine for me but I cannot get any posts to show up in this module when it's placed on a non-Kunena menu item ID...

Is it just me? Can anyone else get this to work as a module on a non-Kunena page (eg single article page view)

Thanks!

More
13 years 3 months ago #10 by mibert
Hi Andy,

you might have set the module parameter "Show Topics from" to "since Last Visit".
At least this was the problem for me before I found this.

After I have set this parameter to "last week" everything was fine.

Best regards

Michael

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds