Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Mod_KunenaLatest and K1.6

More
13 years 9 months ago #11 by Odin Vegtamr
It will be diferent, probably, because your menú is diferent. Mine is skadix.org/foro/rss but I use joomla's friendly URLs. However, it works.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #12 by sozzled
This is really easy - it's child's play, actually.
  1. Go to your forum's "Recent Topics" page, click the image and make a note of the URL. If you are using SEF URLs, the link will look something like http://domain-name/forum/rss; if you are not using SEF URLs, the link will look something like http://domain-name/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=rss&Itemid=2.
  2. Use the Joomla Module Manager
  3. Add New module of type "Feed Display"
  4. Copy the URL of the feed display from step 1 into the "Feed URL"
  5. Assign the module position, menu assignment, etc., and enable the new module
It's not a perfect one-for-one replacement for the latest posts module but, if you're reasonably intelligent and with (or without) a few minor adjustments to the file ../components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.rss.php, you could have a very functional display on your site in almost no time.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 9 months ago #13 by Baze
Thanks sozzled, i was reffereing to the non sef url, earlier this morning i did everything as you wrote now but i got "error loading feed data" and i thought it was because of the sef url i was using but now i get the same error. The kunena rss works as it should, i can see the feed and read it with any reader..
More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #14 by sozzled
Error loading feed data: check the URL you used in the Feed Display module. It's not right. Make a note of your Kunena RSS feed URL; copy it down somewhere; click the RSS icon, look at the address that appears on your browser and burn the details onto the back of your left hand ... (how many different ways can I write this?). If you are using SEF URLs the Kunena feed should look like this: http://domain-name/alias-menu-name/rss
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 9 months ago #15 by Baze
my first website was on the net in 1997, do you really think i can't copy paste url? :)
i have tried with both sef and non-sef urls form the kunena rss feed, here are the links:

motori.com.mk/forum/rss
motori.com.mk/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=rss&Itemid=1

anyway i guess it's joomla issue (i'm using 1.5.20) so i'll probably have to wait for the real latest message modules.

thanks anyway
More
13 years 9 months ago #16 by sozzled
Hmmm ... there's something very peculiar going on here. I spent half-an-hour testing this on my own K 1.6 test site before I updated my "instructions" and I had things working using SEF URLs and using non-SEF URLS - no problem.

I just tried to use your site's RSS as the parameter to the RSS feed display module and it doesn't work for me (J! 1.5.18) either. I tried 5 other off-site websites, including www.kunena.com ( www.kunena.com/forum/156-kunena-16-test-reports/rss ), and they all worked. So, we're left with a puzzle as to why motori.com.mk/forum/rss appears in a web browser but does not appear in the Joomla Feed Display module, neither yours nor mine! :dry:
More
13 years 9 months ago #17 by Baze
Replied by Baze on topic Re: Mod_KunenaLatest and K1.6
Bermuda triangle? :))

dunno, some strange thing are going on with my site... btw could it be because of the rss limit set in kunena? i've submitted the rss feed as sitemap in webmaster tools and the googlebot is curently crawling it so i don't want to change it at the moment but i'll try it later on...

cheers
More
13 years 8 months ago #18 by Baze
Replied by Baze on topic Re: Mod_KunenaLatest and K1.6
Sorry for bitchin out, but is there any chance i can get the mod_kunenalatest? In the svn the files are 10 days old, i'm assuming everything is ready for their public release. I still can't use the rss module so i really need this one :)
More
13 years 8 months ago #19 by sozzled
What would you prefer: the mod_kunenalatest now but with no stable K 1.6 for the module to work with? Or would you prefer K 1.6 stable, now, and wait for mod_kunenalatest for a little while longer? :dry:

It's your choice. We'll go with the majority opinion ... B)
More
13 years 8 months ago #20 by leslamarch
The rss feed recommended in this thread works perfect, I'm just trying to change one thing and can't seem to find the code that does the output? I want to add a HR between each post and have hit a roadblock, I would gladly take any advice one might have ;) . This is where I have been looking "kunena.rss.class.php" .

Thanks
Time to create page: 0.636 seconds