Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Mod_KunenaLatest and K1.6

More
13 years 8 months ago #21 by sozzled
G'day, leslamarch, and welcome to Kunena.

Thank you for your comments; however, they are a little off-topic in this particular thread so I will try to answer your questions in a more appropriate place. See A simple alternative to the "latest posts module" - updated for K 1.6
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #22 by MAW_Trok

sozzled wrote: This is really easy - it's child's play, actually.

1. Go to your forum's "Recent Topics" page, click the image and make a note of the URL. If you are using SEF URLs, the link will look something like http://domain-name/forum/rss; if you are not using SEF URLs, the link will look something like http://domain-name/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=rss&Itemid=2.
  2. Use the Joomla Module Manager
  3. Add New module of type "Feed Display"
  4. Copy the URL of the feed display from step 1 into the "Feed URL"
  5. Assign the module position, menu assignment, etc., and enable the new module
It's not a perfect one-for-one replacement for the latest posts module but, if you're reasonably intelligent and with (or without) a few minor adjustments to the file ../components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.rss.php, you could have a very functional display on your site in almost no time.

this is not a good Idea.. because if someone insert an image in the post you'll see the image in the home and the column enlargend and all layout totally not alligned!
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by MAW_Trok.
More
13 years 8 months ago #23 by sozzled

MAW_Trok wrote: this is not a good Idea.. because if someone insert an image in the post you'll see the image in the home and the column enlargend and all layout totally not alligned!

Did I say that my idea was perfect? What I do is display the first 10 words of a post. If someone puts an image in the first 10 words well, that's just too damn bad. At my websites, we don't put images in the first 10 words. Good point, MAW_Trok: whether my idea is a good one or not is your opinion. I think it's a good idea and so, on that note, we'll have to differ. :whistle:
More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #24 by MAW_Trok
Sorry but all users that would use this system... should ask at our users of the forum to put image after 10 words?... I just said that this module is not good for used as kunenalatest. If you think that is good, ok :-D
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by MAW_Trok.
More
13 years 8 months ago #25 by Baze
Replied by Baze on topic Re: Mod_KunenaLatest and K1.6

sozzled wrote: What would you prefer: the mod_kunenalatest now but with no stable K 1.6 for the module to work with? Or would you prefer K 1.6 stable, now, and wait for mod_kunenalatest for a little while longer? :dry:

It's your choice. We'll go with the majority opinion ... B)

Certainly the stable release has priority, i thought the module is ready and can work with the beta 1 that's why i asked for it. My bad ;)
More
13 years 8 months ago #26 by eloshy
If I read correctly Kunena is going to release there own. So when should we expect the new module released?
More
13 years 8 months ago #27 by Cerberus

eloshy wrote: If I read correctly Kunena is going to release there own. So when should we expect the new module released?

i will quote sozzled from this very thread to answer that:

sozzled wrote: What would you prefer: the mod_kunenalatest now but with no stable K 1.6 for the module to work with? Or would you prefer K 1.6 stable, now, and wait for mod_kunenalatest for a little while longer? :dry:

It's your choice. We'll go with the majority opinion ... B)

More
13 years 8 months ago #28 by Matias
I'm trying to get module to be ready to be released today or tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baze
More
13 years 8 months ago #29 by williamhystevens
Great news! Thanks Matias!
More
13 years 8 months ago #30 by Groenteman
I'm looking forward for this module.
Time to create page: 0.544 seconds