Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Kunena Latest Module doesn't show any posts

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by MJW
Hello

I have just changed to Joomla 1.7 and downloaded and installed your 1.7 forum and latest posts module but the module just displays "No posts to display" when there is one there. I have configured the module to show all categories etc and I cannot think of anything else to try.

In case you need it this is my configuration report
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : catharcountry9 | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2011-12-27

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1

I would be very grateful indeed for some help please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
I looked for other topics on this subject (I found two but they were old and inconclusive), for example No posts to display. It's always good to start with a search of the forum. The reason that these older topics were not resolved is because we asked for certain information and we did not receive a reply.

As we have advised before , it is important to check the settings of the Kunena Latest module, e.g. categories allowed or not, time period, etc.

It's also important to have a healthy installation of Kunena. This means getting SEO properly setup (read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and getting Kunena menu right (see How do I restore my Kunena menu? and then, when we have a stable platform to work from, we are better able to diagnose what's affecting the problems you seem to be having.

I hope these suggestions I have offered will help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJW

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by MJW
Thank you very much indeed for your very quick reply.

Yes, I did look to see if I could find the answer to this question before posting but I'm afraid I did not see one.

I have looked through what you have suggested. I have all the suggested settings except that when I looked at changing the Apache setting I found the the htaccess.txt file and when I tried to change it to .htaccess I got a message ".htaccess already exists. Please delete or rename existing file before renaming this file". Being very much a learned with website I am now not sure what to do here and would very much appreciate your advice.

I have made sure that the Kunena menu has been created as in the other document and have remade the menu to the forum but the module still shows no posts. Probably because of the htaccess above.
LATER ADDITION TO ABOVE
I have just gone through both the component and the module and changed several settings. I am delighted to say the module is now working but I don't know which of the changes I made corrected the problem which isnt helpful to others, sorry.

However, I still would very much appreciate knowing the answer to the .htaccess question as I will also make the necessary changes there.

Thank you for all your help
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by MJW. Reason: Module now working

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
I am pleased to see that you got things working although I am sure there will be many others who are intrigued by how you achieved it - I am especially intrigued by what changes you made to the Kunena component - because, as I wrote earlier, previously-asked questions on this matter were left unresolved because the users who asked them gave up and we never knew the outcome.

As far as trying to rename a file to something that already exists, there's a very simple answer. Rename, first the file .htaccess to htaccess.old, then rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess and, in that way, you will have your original .htaccess file saved in case there are problems.

Please read, again, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) because I made many changes to that article yesterday.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by MJW
Thank you very much indeed for your really very helpful reply once again. Sorry to be so dim, hope I am learning.

Yes, I appreciate it isn't very helpful of me not to be able to tell you what I changed as I can see others could find that useful. I just did what you suggested earlier and took a good look at all the permissions I had set in the component and made some changes where it seemed to be a better choice. I do apologise for not noting at the time what I did.

Best wishes

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds