Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Idea Number thingy

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #31 by Finallf
Replied by Finallf on topic Re: Number thingy

s23Nation wrote:

SnakesOnly wrote: The solution is partially correct.
With this line the number '1' is not present anymore for categories which use the comment system, categories which are excluded for comments still show the nr '1'

Still shows in Menu Item Type: Category Blog (menu manager)
but does not show on Front Page

yes, as the SnakesOnly said, this is a partial solution.

to work, all options "Show on ..." should be as Link

I'm checking the code again, and the bug that the line between 128 to 236.

What seems, is that the error number "1" is on, the error of the options "Show on ..."

I'm not too sure about that, but it is what it seems.

I will continue debugging the code, but am very limited, do not understand php, sorry.

Edited with the progress made:

I walked a little more in solving this problem:

I modified the following lines:

184 "return true;" to "return false;"

235 "return true;" to "return false;"

This way the number "1" is no longer displayed on the frontpage, the blog and the article, apparently the bug number "1" is solved completely.

The option "Show on Front Page" is still not working.

The option "Show on Blog Pages" works fine.

The option "Show on Other Pages" does not work properly, this option is functioned like "Show on Other Pages " and "Show on Front Page" as if the two options together.

Note: any developer can tell me exactly in which lines of code is done the display processing in the "frontpage"and "article"?

Thanks

[]'s
Finallf

www.reloaded.com.br
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Finallf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: new_friend, s23Nation
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 11 months ago #32 by SnakesOnly
Replied by SnakesOnly on topic Re: Number thingy

Finallf wrote: I modified the following lines:

This way the number "1" is no longer displayed on the frontpage, the blog and the article, apparently the bug number "1" is solved completely.

Allready tested line 235 this worked for the categories which are included by plugin, but now also tested line 184, but this did not solve the excluded categories. :(
More
12 years 11 months ago #33 by Finallf
Replied by Finallf on topic Re: Number thingy

SnakesOnly wrote:

Finallf wrote: I modified the following lines:

Allready tested line 235 this worked for the categories which are included by plugin, but now also tested line 184, but this did not solve the excluded categories. :(

have not tested it yet, but try this:

modify this way:

184 "return true;" only "return;"

235 "return true;" only "return;"

[]'s
Finallf

www.reloaded.com.br
More
12 years 11 months ago #34 by SnakesOnly
Replied by SnakesOnly on topic Re: Number thingy

Finallf wrote: modify this way:

184 "return true;" only "return;"

235 "return true;" only "return;"

Also this way of changing has no effect on excluded categories. :(
More
12 years 11 months ago #35 by new_friend
Replied by new_friend on topic Re: Number thingy
HELP!

can't use Kunena Discuss! "Show on Front Page" act like the "Show on Other Pages", there is no difference, this way I just can't set the Front Page.

Only "Show on Blog Pages" behave like it should, but You can't use it as a Home Page (cause it wouldn't display Featured Articles).

I feel that the answer is somewhere in kunenadiscuss.php, but where! Someone help, it's third day I'm trying to solve this mystery myself with no luck... :pinch:
More
12 years 11 months ago #36 by Karli
Replied by Karli on topic Re: Number thingy
same problem, and the "1" numbers
using two different installations of newest joomla and kunena with different templates.

thx to Finallf - your workaround kills de "1"
More
12 years 11 months ago #37 by Teessider
Replied by Teessider on topic Re: Number thingy
Same problems as all above...this simply doesn't work. I get the 1 on everything too. Plus, I cannot stop the comment box appearing on the front page no matter what I do.
Unfortunately, I need comments as soon as possible so will have to go looking elsewhere as it seems this isn't going to be fixed any time soon! :(
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #38 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Number thingy
The correct fix is to remove the line 235 in \plugins\content\kunenadiscuss\kunenadiscuss.php :
Code:
return true;

Complete file :

File Attachment:

File Name: kunenadisc...5-20.zip
File Size:6 KB

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by xillibit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: delphi21
More
12 years 11 months ago #39 by new_friend
Replied by new_friend on topic Re: Number thingy

xillibit wrote: The correct fix is to remove the line 235 in \plugins\content\kunenadiscuss\kunenadiscuss.php

Thanks to you and Finallf for the "magic 1" solution. Any foughts about:

Show on Front Page, Show on Blog Pages, Show on Other Pages (Nothing, Link, Posts) displaying problem ? :whistle:
More
12 years 11 months ago #40 by trekracer
Replied by trekracer on topic Re: Number thingy
We thank all of you who uncovered the solution to the "1" problem. We appreciate your work.

Like others, we are still experiencing the issue of not being able to control what and where Discuss gets displayed (the Show on Front Page issue.)

We are launching another site soon and would love to use Kunena Discuss as the primary commenting system.

So here's one more vote of support for those of you working on the Show on Front Page issue. We're looking forward to the solution.

Thank you!
Time to create page: 0.561 seconds