Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Kunena Discuss Plugin not working

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #1 by lurd.sammie
Hello there,

I have just installed Kunena Discuss 1.7.2 (have latest version kunena forum installed) on my Joomla 2.5 website.

I have enabled and configured the plugin but I cannot see any comment box in the articles at the frontend nor any topics created in the default category in Kunena.

Am I doing something wrong?

Could anybody advise.

Thnx
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by lurd.sammie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, lurd.sammie, and welcome to Kunena.

Did you read the guide in the Wiki? Have you browsed other topics in this category (and in the archive sub-category) to see if your questions have been asked before? I think you will find that your questions have been asked and answered before.

lurd.sammie wrote: Am I doing something wrong?

You could have done something wrong. I don't know because we don't know what you've done. I'm not sure how to advise you without knowing a lot more about your site.

Please read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by lurd.sammie
Thanks for the reply.

I actually did search the forum, found a few close topics but maybe not exactly answering my question. Admittedly, been new to the forum it takes time to find my way round properly.

I have looked at the wiki on generating report and i must admit, got me more confused. I have attached a screenshot of the settings. Hope that may help.

Thnx
Attachments:

More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Remove "8.9.10.11" from Allowed Content Categories (the syntax is wrong) and Kunena Discuss should work for you. See Discussbot Instructions for some information.

For future reference, please read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by lurd.sammie
Thanks for once again for the reply.

My first attempt at the settings I left the Allowed Content Categories empty and it wasn't working so that is why I tried with the categories IDs in there. That too didn't work. I have removed them again as per your advice but still won't work.

Basically I have 4 joomla categories (IDs 8,9,10,11) for our news section, 'The Herald'. I want all articles in any of the 4 categories to be discussed under the Kunena 'Herald Discussions' Category (ID 4).

I have managed to generate the report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jt001_j25 | author: JoomlaThemes.co | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: February 12, 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Discuss 1.7.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2

Thnx
Attachments:

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
Thank you for your configuration report.

You have no Joomla articles and that explains why the Kunena Discuss has no content to create on the forum

You have no Kunena categories. See Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1) and that explains why you cannot see any topics.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by lurd.sammie
Hello again,

I am not quite sure why you said I don't have any categories created. I actually created all the categories under the Main Forum which was listed as a section. In any case, to be double sure, I have created a new section and moved the Herald Discussions category to it. It is still not happy.

Pls see attached screenshot.
Attachments:

More
12 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
Can you show me any one Joomla article that you have written, that we can see (without having to login to your website), please? Where is this "Herald" thing? I can't see much of anything at your website but, then again, I am not logged in and that probably explains a lot.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #9 by lurd.sammie
Sure. The site itself is still under construction but you can view it at:

1. 173.214.160.145/~odadee83/index.php/test...odadee-felix-amartey

2. 173.214.160.145/~odadee83/index.php/test...adee-benjamin-kwakye

If you need a login then I will have to PM you for very obvious reasons.

Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by lurd.sammie.

More
12 years 1 month ago #10 by lurd.sammie
Found the cause of the problem. In the end it was a very simple oversight. The problem is because I recreated the articles from the live site odadee83.com , I have set the creation date back to January while in the kunena discuss plugin I had set the Topic Must Start Within: to only 1 week.

I have now set it to 6 months. And voila! its all working now.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Very much appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds