Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the module developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Question Unread-Status only on first post

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #1 by bkaertner
The Unread-Indicator on mod_kunenalatest 1.7.1 seems to only "mark" the first post of the unread-posts thread.

First I thought, the Unread-Indicator had disappeared completely. But when I increased the limit of shown entries to 25, the 23rd or so entry, the first post of this thread, was marked als unread.

Could this be a misconfiguration, or is it a bug ?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : multigaming_lernvid.com | author: Juergen Koller | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 19.09.2009

Kunena default template details : nts_kdark | author: 9ThemeStore | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bkaertner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
Can you show a screenshot of the module settings for Kunena Latest, please?

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by bkaertner
Sure, here it is:

Attachments:

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
I'm not sure. You could try setting Kunena Latest to show "All categories" (Alle / Kunena).

There are known issues with J! 1.5 that cause problems with displaying the NEW indicator. These may be fixed by replacing a file in your Joomla site. See Problem with Recent Topics Tab; not refreshing . I hope this helps.

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by bkaertner
I tried both. (I guess you meant "Alle/Keine")

Seems both suggestions dont help.
Still only the first post is marked. :-/

I dont know, how the mechanism works though.
I assume, the information is kept user-dependent, so maybe all newer entries are marked.
I'll try further testing tomorrow, too late now. ;-)

More
12 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled

bkaertner wrote: I tried both. (I guess you meant "Alle/Keine")

I'm terribly sorry. I had a lot of trouble reading the image. Yes, that's what I meant.

You might also try the response.php patch that I referred to at the end of my last message.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #7 by bkaertner
I had already tried the exchange of the response.php. No help.

I am just wondering. Is the unread-information stored on one place per thread per user ?
I ask, because usually all the posts from one thread are marked als unread.

If so, then in my opinion it should be a problem of the visualization, not the system itself.
The information, that the thread is marked "unread" is there, which can be seen on the marked first post.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #8 by bkaertner
I've just tested another thing: I opened two threads, to test the behaviour of the "normal" Kunena-View. I opened one thread with 1 post an one thread with two posts (one reply).

In the index-view of the content-window it shows on both threads "1 New" (1 Neu). Is this correct, or shouldn't it say "2 New" on one of them ?

EDIT: I redraw that one. :-) It shows the number of the new threads. If I enter the thread, it shows 2 posts. So this is correct.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9 by Matias
Unread indication is very limited in Kunena (that's the last larger task I really need to do for K2.0).

It works like this:

Every post which have been written during this session (logout/login doesn't clear it -- you need to wait) are marked as unread by default.
When you read the topic, that topic gets marked as read.
If someone posts to the topic, the whole topic gets marked back to unread using the same time limit.

So if you read topic with 20 new messages in it and someone replies.. You have all 21 messages as unread.

It's so annoying that I'm going to fix it before 2.0 gets out. :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #10 by bkaertner
Thanks, that was what I had assumed. For the Module-Output I use "Latest Post", not "Latest Topics".

You have all 21 messages as unread.

If I understand right, this means, that if the topic is -however- marked as unread, ALL posts in mod_kunenalatest should be shown marked, which is not, only the first post of the topic.

So there must be a problem within the visualization of mod_kunenalatest. This has always worked before I used 1.7.1.

I've just tested it on another site of mine.
I could reproduce the problem.

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds