Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Installation on joomla 1.6

More
13 years 1 week ago #1 by RinaldoT
Hello everyone,

I'm working locally with joomla 1.6, I downloaded Kunena ver. 1.6.3 I tried to install it but the CMS was like "Can not find installation package '

Where is the secret??

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #2 by Lord Zedd
It is better to wait for Kunena 1.6.4 which will hopefully support Joomla 1.6. But you should have posted this in the installation and upgrade forum and not in the general talk about kunena forum.

Anyhow welcome.

More
13 years 1 week ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

The secret is to use Joomla 1.6.1 and to set upload limit blow 2 Mb

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 1 week ago #4 by RinaldoT
Can I ask where you set the upload?

Thank you for your response

More
13 years 1 week ago #5 by xillibit
Change the
Code:
upload_max_filesize = 8M
in your php.ini file if you have access to it

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 1 week ago #6 by sozzled
G'day, RinaldoT, and welcome to Kunena.

The answers to all of your questions are in the documentation Wiki. You should start here: K 1.6 Installation Guide . Read the guide very carefully. Pay special attention to the technical requirements that you need to have in place before you try to install Kunena. Please understand that we encourage people to experiment with K 1.6 on J! 1.6 but we do not yet fully support Kunena on J! 1.6. As long as you understand that K 1.6.3 is not fully endorsed as a native J! 1.6 extension then you can install and use K 1.6.3 on J! 1.6.1. The reason that K 1.6.3 is not fully supported on J! 1.6 at this time is because there are problems with J! 1.6 that prevent total integration between K 1.6 and J! 1.6 and until those problems are resolved in J! 1.6 full integration between the two may never be fully achieved.

As long as you are aware of these things, good luck. :)

More
13 years 1 week ago #7 by RinaldoT
Thanks for answers, but despite:
I have read and applied all the changes described in the installation manual;
has altered the parameters of php;

When I try to install the kunena component (com_kunena_v1.6.3_b4344_2011-01-31) system responds with this statement error "Unable to find install package".

More
13 years 1 week ago #8 by sozzled
Please list the exact steps that you are going through in trying to install Kunena on your J! 1.6.1 site so that we can see at what point you are getting this error message. Thank you.

More
13 years 1 week ago #9 by BoonDockSaint
This issue is quit common when installing components, modules etc. in Joomla. Most often, it is an invalid pakkage you have downloaded and trying to install.
Try to download the file again, and see if it will fix the problem :)

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #10 by RinaldoT
  1. I went to the address www.kunena.org/download I downloaded the file com_kunena_v1.6.3_b4344_2011-01-31;
  2. From joomla I tried to install the package "management extensions"
  3. The system returns the message "Unable to find install package".

I downloaded the package several times but the result is always the same

Using the same file on joomla 1.5 it works fine
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by RinaldoT.

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds