Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [solved] how to install Kunena 1.6.1?

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by insanojaco
I already have Kunena 1.6 installed, I need to uninstall 1.6 to install 1.6.1?

Because I tried to install 1.6.1 over 1.6 and it gets the error: Unable to find install package.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by fxstein.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Can you please show us two pictures:

(1) the image of the screen BEFORE you get the "Unable to find install package" message; and

(2) the image of the screen that shows us the "Unable to find install package" message.

Thank you.
More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by fxstein
This is most likely a limit on your server. Kunena 1.6.1 with all the languages is now over 2MB in size. Some servers have a 2MB limit in place.

The work around is very simple. Just do the install by URL and use the link from our download server like that:

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smoothound, insanojaco, patricia, leanne
More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by insanojaco

fxstein wrote: This is most likely a limit on your server. Kunena 1.6.1 with all the languages is now over 2MB in size. Some servers have a 2MB limit in place.

The work around is very simple. Just do the install by URL and use the link from our download server like that:

Hope this helps!

it works! thanks a lot :)
More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by Smoothound
Replied by Smoothound on topic Error Uploading
Hi

I have several sites all running Joomla 1.5.20+ and all of them have Community Builder v1.2.3

I can install/upgrade K1.6.0 without any problem, but when I try to upgrade to K1.6.1 it fails and all I get is the following error message in Joomla.

There was an error uploading this file to the server

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by Smoothound
Replied by Smoothound on topic Error Uploading
Should have looked here first.

www.kunena.org/forum/173-k-16-installati...o-install-kunena-161

The same solution works for me.

Thanks
More
13 years 4 months ago #7 by visualwaltz
Ok, so I am having an issue installing the new Kunena 1.6.1

I do have a limited upload on the server (2mb) so I can not install the .zip file
When I tried to do you alternate route (by url: joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/13...b3858_2010-11-06.zip ) this is the message I get (image below). Is there anything I can do or am I going to have to ask my provider to change the upload max?

Attachments:
More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled
I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the installation of Kunena.

One alternative method that you might try is to unzip the installation kit on your PC and upload (via FTP) the contents to a folder on your website (and then use the second installation option).
The following user(s) said Thank You: visualwaltz
More
13 years 4 months ago #9 by visualwaltz
Ok solved, I had tried uploading the extracted files through the ftp client before but I guess I just entered the directory wrong before, it worked this time. Thanks
More
13 years 1 week ago #10 by TazCook
Just wanted to say thank you for the information it worked awesome for me !
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds