Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Upgrade 1.6.0-RC1 to 1.6.0-RC2 Failed!

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #1 by Gamer Templates
Upgrade Kunena from version 1.6.0-RC1 to 1.6.0-RC2

Prepare Installation ... OK
Uncompressing admin.zip ... OK
Uncompressing site.zip ... Failed The file '/XXXXXXXXXX/administrator/components/com_kunena/archive/site.zip' could not be uncompressed

What is wrong?

Info:

Installer detected failed or interrupted installation attempt!
An incomplete installation of Kunena 1.6.0-RC2 build 3373 was found in your system. This means that the installation either failed or was interrupted.

Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Gamer Templates.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by Cerberus

templatesROYAL wrote: Upgrade Kunena from version 1.6.0-RC1 to 1.6.0-RC2

Uncompressing site.zip ... Failed The file '/XXXXXXXXXX/administrator/components/com_kunena/archive/site.zip' could not be uncompressed

What is wrong?

Info:

Installer detected failed or interrupted installation attempt!
An incomplete installation of Kunena 1.6.0-RC2 build 3373 was found in your system. This means that the installation either failed or was interrupted.

permissions error would be my guess check your folder permissions :)

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #3 by Gamer Templates
Uncompressing media.zip ... OK

When there is a folder permission i think all zip files have the same problems but only site.zip is the problem and install RC1 works without errors! I dont think that RC1 needs other permission!

ALL FOLDERS HAVE THE SAME PERMISSION! 755!

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by alsvieira
I had the same problem. I connect via FTP and deleted the content of the "/XXXXXXXXXX/administrator/components/com_kunena/archive/" then retry to upgrade and it works. I try to simulate it again but it does not work at first time. Then delete again the content of the ..../archive folder and it works!

Hope this can help,

Take Care;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: John

More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by Cerberus
that would make sense alsvieira, thanks for that :) can you try that solution templateroyal and let us know if it works for you too.. :)

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #6 by Gamer Templates
MMHH I think that is not the solution!

I have the same failed error when i delete the .zip files in the archive folder. But when i delete the Archive folder and press RETRY the i have this messages:

Installing System - Kunena plug-in ... OK
Migrate attachments (migrated 0, missing: 2, failed: 0) ... OK
Installation completed successfully. ... OK

But i dont think that the site.zip files are unzip. What is the meaning of: Migrate attachments (migrated 0, missing: 2, failed: 0) ... OK

Now i upload all .zip folders via FTP

site.zip -> unzip -> components/com_kunena/
media.zip -> unzip -> media/kunena/
admin.zip -> unzip -> components/com_kunena/

Im testing the forum now!

More
13 years 7 months ago #7 by Cerberus
you got the message attachment error because your attachemnt had already been migrated that is an error i got myself and told that its fine and can just be ignored..

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #8 by Gamer Templates
OK my forum works fine without errors. But the upgrade function dont work without the site.zip error.

I do this and my forum is up to date:

1) Download RC2

2) Install via Joomla installer

3) Press UPGRADE

4) After Error messages:

you must delete via FTP the 3 .zip files (admin, site & media) in /administrator/components/com_kunena/archive/

5) Then press the RETRY Button and you get this Messages:

Installing System - Kunena plug-in ... OK
Migrate attachments (migrated 0, missing: 2, failed: 0) ... OK
Installation completed successfully. ... OK

7) Now got to your Download Packet and unzip com_kunena_v1.6.0-RC2_b3373_2010-08-31

8) Go to Folder ARCHIVE and unzip the admin, media & site zip in three folders

9) Open your FTP Program and upload:

site.zip -> unzip -> components/com_kunena/
media.zip -> unzip -> media/kunena/
admin.zip -> unzip -> components/com_kunena/

10) Go to Backend -> Components -> Kunena -> and check your Version: You are using the latest version of Kunena 1.6.0-RC2

Have Fun with Kunena!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matias

More
13 years 7 months ago #9 by Requiem
I have problem to. I uninstall RC1 and try to install RC2. I have error
Code:
Duplicate entry '0' for key 1 SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_components` ( `name`,`link`,`menuid`,`parent`,`admin_menu_link`,`admin_menu_alt`,`option`,`ordering`,`admin_menu_img`,`iscore` ) VALUES ( 'Configuration','','0','0','option=com_kunena&task=showconfig','Configuration','com_kunena','0','components/com_kunena/media/icons/config-favicon.png','0' ) SQL = INSERT INTO `jos_components` ( `name`,`link`,`menuid`,`parent`,`admin_menu_link`,`admin_menu_alt`,`option`,`ordering`,`admin_menu_img`,`iscore` ) VALUES ( 'Configuration','','0','0','option=com_kunena&task=showconfig','Configuration','com_kunena','0','components/com_kunena/media/icons/config-favicon.png','0' )

More
13 years 7 months ago #10 by Matias
@ templatesROYAL:

Good instructions. But you need to do it in slightly different way to make sure it works.

After getting error message you need to unzip site.zip, media.zip and admin.zip. Then delete those from administrator/components/com_kunena/archive and continue on installation.

@ Requiem:

Did you have Joomla 1.0 earlier? This issue looks like migration issue, where migrator looses all auto increment fields from the database. And the issue is in Joomla -- before any code in Kunena gets run.

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds