Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] 1050 an error is occurred .....in the K 1.7 installation

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #1 by marsu95
Hi guys,

To generate this error while installing the new K 1.7.2. I did the following :
  • installation of a brand new Joomla 2.5 environment using the Joomla_2.5.1-Stable-Full_Package.zip dowload file. This environment is local (localhost) on a windows XP laptop (see attached the JOOMLA installation screens in file "JOOMLA screens";
  • installation of the language extension : fr-FR_joomla_lang_full_2.5.1v2.zip;
  • installation of the KUNENA 1.7.2 extension : com_kunena_v1.7.2_b5215_2012-01-31.zip;
  • while loaded, activation of the "Install KUNENA 1.7.2." button
KUNENA installation is processing up to the "update database" phase. At that point I receive the following error screen (see attached file : KUNENA_installation_error.doc).
Each time I'm going into the KUNENA component, the following screen is displayed (see KUNENA_installer_screen.doc).

Could you please help me to solve the issue?
Thanks a lot.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Try by deleting all tables nammed *_kunena_* and redo the installation of Kunena

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by marsu95
I did drop all KUNENA tables from the Db then reinstall.
Result is same !

Many thanks for you help.
More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
If this is a completely new installation of Joomla with a completely new installation of Kunena, would it be possible to start again?

Perhaps you could try creating a separate new installation of J! 2.5.1 (change nothing) and then try to add K 1.7.2. If this test shows that you can do these two things on your server then it's my conclusion that there's something corrupted in the Joomla database tables in the system you're having problems with.
More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by marsu95
Hi sozzled,

I reinstall the whole bunch (joomla 2.5.1 full package and KUNENA 1.7.2) in a new environment.
To secure the installation I reload the JOOMLA and KUNENA packages and clean up the mysql db.
This means that nothing else is installed (Unlike the previous installation, I do not install the FR language package).

Result is same.
Could you reproduce the same in your environment ?

Many thanks for your support.
Best regards.
More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by xillibit
Can-you please put here your Kunena report configuration settings ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by marsu95
Hi xillibit,

the issue is that I don't have access to the report.
When I try to move to the configuration panel of Kunena, I receive the following screen : see attached

Let me know how I could give you more relevant information (db unload, some .ini files, ...)

Best regards,
Attachments:
More
12 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled

marsu95 wrote: I reinstall the whole bunch (joomla 2.5.1 full package and KUNENA 1.7.2) in a new environment.

I did not ask you to re-install Joomla and Kunena. I asked you to create a whole new installation, separately from your problem site.

It is my guess that your problem site has a database corruption and, even though it may be possible to fix the problems, we're wasting valuable time. The most important thing we need to test is that you can install Joomla 2.5.1 (and, to make no changes to it, and install nothing else) on a brand new test site with a brand new database. The next most important thing we need to establish is that you can then install Kunena 1.7.2 on that brand new test site. You should follow the installation instructions set out in K 1.6 and K 1.7 Installation Guide

This will take less than one hour to do.

Can you do that and can you tell us if you were able to build a working test site?
More
12 years 1 month ago #9 by marsu95
Ho Sozzled,

sorry for late answer, I was off for a couple of days.
I do re install the whole bunch, ..... :S it works !!!!!

I don't understand my previous state but now installation is over.
Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,
Time to create page: 0.562 seconds